Kia Forte Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Yes, for sure, we are 100% on the 2.0L fitment and tuning! It should be up on our site shortly, you can always call or e-mail or PM us here to place your order :)

Thanks

Hey TK,

I want to place a order for the 2L turbo kit but don't see it on your site yet - I just want to confirm will it work 100% with the 2010 Koup 5 speed manual tranny - my tuner is going to install the kit with the help of your instruction manual. I just want to make sure everything is 100% correct because I am going to order from outside the States - Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would be willing to drive up there buy the kit but I wouldn't
pay for installarion since that is part of your R&D.
then I just drive back home in my turbo car.
Let me know if that works for you.

At this point the kit is pretty much developed, so it would only be to test fit it on the 2012 and make sure things still line up. So the good news is we should be able to have it done in a week. The bad news is there aren't any 100% sponsorship or R & D deals that can be done at this point. If you are still interested, let us know...

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Making demands, eh? LOL, for all we know the kit will bolt right in, so there may be no actual R & D. We'll post all of the info for the 2.0L kit once it's ready and plan from there. Thanks

I would be willing to drive up there buy the kit but I wouldn't
pay for installarion since that is part of your R&D.
then I just drive back home in my turbo car.
Let me know if that works for you.

1,433 Posts
TK...... gimme a turbo.... put it in my car, and do it NOW!!!!! and im not paying cause i dont feel like it!!! :) lol guys relax!!! these guys knwo what theyre doing. they can only work on one RD at a time! im sure soon enough every forte will be able to get turbo'd! you people better save up! its def worth it. especially when your head gets smashed into the back of the seat and you hear the spooling and you take off!! its FUCKIN INSANE!!!!

on a side note.... is the water/meth kits ready for instal???

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Making demands, eh? LOL, for all we know the kit will bolt right in, so there may be no actual R & D. We'll post all of the info for the 2.0L kit once it's ready and plan from there. Thanks
HEY!

Only Canadians are allowed to say "eh" ;)

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I think what I find the most impressive about this kit is that it really narrows the power gap between the SX and the other trims. A 2.4 turbo makes an average of 240whp, and a 2.0 turbo makes 225 whp... not too shabby ;)

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

lookin good.

Agreed! We were very happy and surprised with the 2.0L. Other than the lower torque numbers, once you get up into the revs with the 2.0L it feels very similiar to the 2.4L!

I think what I find the most impressive about this kit is that it really narrows the power gap between the SX and the other trims. A 2.4 turbo makes an average of 240whp, and a 2.0 turbo makes 225 whp... not too shabby ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Turbo Kits;

would you please inform us about how do yo handle/manage turbo control and fuel injection and the pressure on each rpm?

do you have an additional chip or re-flashing the ECU?

is it possible for me to buy your 2.0 TK and install that on my 1.6...? (thats the big question)

i am looking to build up my 1.6 as Turbo so waiting for your valuable information...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Turbo Kits;

would you please inform us about how do yo handle/manage turbo control and fuel injection and the pressure on each rpm?

is it possible for me to buy your 2.0 TK and install that on my 1.6...? (thats the big question)

i am looking to build up my 1.6 as Turbo so waiting for your valuable information...

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Turbo is controlled by the wastegate and wastegate spring to set the desired boost level. A boost controller would be needed to go for more boost. The engien is managed by an AEM FIC (AEM F/IC Fuel / Ignition Controller - ECU Piggyback - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics), larger injectors and if purchased a plug n play harness to make installing it a snap!

The 1.6L looks like a totally different beast. I do not think that our turbo kit will fit without extensive modifications by the installer.

Hi Turbo Kits;

·
Registered
103 Posts
Turbo is controlled by the wastegate and wastegate spring to set the desired boost level. A boost controller would be needed to go for more boost. The engien is managed by an AEM FIC (AEM F/IC Fuel / Ignition Controller - ECU Piggyback - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics), larger injectors and if purchased a plug n play harness to make installing it a snap!

The 1.6L looks like a totally different beast. I do not think that our turbo kit will fit without extensive modifications by the installer.
so i understand that i can order and then make some little mods for the installation... so it will be plug and play?

the reason why am i asking is all comes from 1.6, so basically what you have configured is based on 2.0 and if i put that to my car it will read totally different values from ecu and all the other sensors... will that also cause problems?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
We do not have the 1.6L here in the US and have no way to test fitment or guarantee any fitment. If you wanted to try to install our kit on your 1.6L it would be your responsibility to get it up and running correctly. Sorry, I wish we had a better answer for you...

so i understand that i can order and then make some little mods for the installation... so it will be plug and play?

the reason why am i asking is all comes from 1.6, so basically what you have configured is based on 2.0 and if i put that to my car it will read totally different values from ecu and all the other sensors... will that also cause problems?

·
Registered
55 Posts
is there any internal mods necessary for the 2.0l turbo kit? like different piston cams etc? or is it just direct bolt on? any 0 -60 times on the beast also?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Not that we have seen so far, at the 7-8 PSI our kits run, there is no need for internal upgrades :)

0-60 should be int he 5-6 sec range. The 2.0L Turbo Forte is fast!

is there any internal mods necessary for the 2.0l turbo kit? like different piston cams etc? or is it just direct bolt on? any 0 -60 times on the beast also?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Not that we have seen so far, at the 7-8 PSI our kits run, there is no need for internal upgrades :)

0-60 should be int he 5-6 sec range. The 2.0L Turbo Forte is fast!
*drool* maybe i need to convert my car to manual just so i can get one of these.

·
Registered
708 Posts
thats pretty impressive numbers on your dyno for the 2.0L .. i need to get my car back out to you somehow.. 11 psi e 2871 and a built motor is just asking for troble lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Is there an ETA on a turbo for the 2.0 auto?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is there an ETA on a turbo for the 2.0 auto?

Slim chance.... it has been discussed that the transmission prob isnt strong enough to handle the power the turbo provides....

61 - 80 of 105 Posts