·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That stinks!

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Ok, we have discussed this in other threads as well. It has nothing to do with the kit fitting or working. It will fit and work fine. We are concerned that the AT Trans can't hold the power. This is easily remedied by a call to IPT or LevelTen for some trans work and then you'll be ready for turbo.

If we can get someone that wants to test this. We can bring the car in, pull the trans, send it to IPT, reinstall the trans, add the turbo and tune.

So to be clear, it is not anything with the kit that is stopping the 2.0 AT from being turbo'd except for the big power increase! LOL.

Is there an ETA on a turbo for the 2.0 auto?
Slim chance.... it has been discussed that the transmission prob isnt strong enough to handle the power the turbo provides....
That stinks!

Bring it up!

thats pretty impressive numbers on your dyno for the 2.0L .. i need to get my car back out to you somehow.. 11 psi e 2871 and a built motor is just asking for troble lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
i'd have to come out with john i dont frequent CT anymore if you catch my drift lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would test it but I live in Waashington unfortunately.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Just send your Trans to LevelTen or IPT and they'll build it up to handle the power. Again, to be clear. It is NOT the kit that won't work with the 4AT. The kit will fit and work fine. It's the TRANs itself we don't think can hold the power.

awww i want so bad :( too bad i have 2.0L auto4

http://www.turbokits.com/Kia/Forte/Turbo_Kits/ - Ready to go, we've been selling since it's been developed :)

Ii have the MT..and want this..so..soo bad lol what's the price range?

6AT is fine, it seems to be a stronger TRANS. The kit WILL fit and work with the 6AT.

http://www.turbokits.com/Kia/Forte/Turbo_Kits/

just a question
no turbokit for forte koup 2.0 6 speed auto ???? only MT ???

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just send your Trans to LevelTen or IPT and they'll build it up to handle the power. Again, to be clear. It is NOT the kit that won't work with the 4AT. The kit will fit and work fine. It's the TRANs itself we don't think can hold the power.

http://www.turbokits.com/Kia/Forte/Turbo_Kits/ - Ready to go, we've been selling since it's been developed :)

6AT is fine, it seems to be a stronger TRANS. The kit WILL fit and work with the 6AT.

http://www.turbokits.com/Kia/Forte/Turbo_Kits/
please update your site about this

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
From what we have seen the 6AT fits in the 2.0 & 2.4 exactly the same, so the piping we made to fit the 2.4L 6AT should fit the 2.0L. Thanks :)
This just made my year! Next years tax refund is going to you guys for sure! :D

So it looks like I wont be needing the CAI after all lol.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just realized you said that the 6AT should work properly! So my 2012 Forte Koup EX 2.0 w/ 6AT is gonna work afterall! Ha ha I cant wait!

Defiantly up coming on my list of mods! Just let me get my LED Tail's & Projector Retrofit done then the turbo will be next! lol :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
2.0 a/t tk

Hey TK,
Just got stationed in the UK and was wondering if you have affiliates over here or anyone you could recommend for installing the kit. Seriously considering getting the TK kit but I know i'm not the person for installing it. Any help here would be great?
Btw was reading the forum (I maybe getting ahead of myself) but any talk of maybe twin turbos in the Forte and could it handle that kind of power?
Thanks

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Yes, if you made your car the same as the 20.L 6AT then the kit will fit and work. The tuning ECU Flash tuning has only been done on the 2.4L 6AT right now, so we would need to send the AEM FIC until you could hook up with BTRcc and get a flash tune.

Twin turbo on a 4 cyl would really not be necessary and only done if it would be for show. A properly matched single turbo will out perform 2 smaller turbos. Just look at what the Supra 2JZ guys do when they shoot for more power. They drop the twins and go with a single.

We do not have any shops in the UK that are "authorized" dealers. You would want to find a shop that has experience with Turbo and Tuning. They don't necessarily have to be a KIA or Hyundai shop. It is more important that they understand turbos.

Thanks

Hey TK,
Just got stationed in the UK and was wondering if you have affiliates over here or anyone you could recommend for installing the kit. Seriously considering getting the TK kit but I know i'm not the person for installing it. Any help here would be great?
Btw was reading the forum (I maybe getting ahead of myself) but any talk of maybe twin turbos in the Forte and could it handle that kind of power?
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, if you made your car the same as the 20.L 6AT then the kit will fit and work. The tuning ECU Flash tuning has only been done on the 2.4L 6AT right now, so we would need to send the AEM FIC until you could hook up with BTRcc and get a flash tune.

Twin turbo on a 4 cyl would really not be necessary and only done if it would be for show. A properly matched single turbo will out perform 2 smaller turbos. Just look at what the Supra 2JZ guys do when they shoot for more power. They drop the twins and go with a single.

We do not have any shops in the UK that are "authorized" dealers. You would want to find a shop that has experience with Turbo and Tuning. They don't necessarily have to be a KIA or Hyundai shop. It is more important that they understand turbos.

Thanks
maybe i'll grab some buddies and risk it. Thanks for the quick response!

·
Registered
46 Posts

Thanks
the AEM FIC that comes in the package is pre-programmed map or we have to roll the car on dyno to get it tune from zero?

81 - 100 of 105 Posts