Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TurboKits.com Kia DYNO Weekend 08/07-08/08 - Custom Flashes & Full Tuning Available!

Hello All,

TurboKits.com & Seoulfulracing team up to host a KDM DYNO Weekend August 7th - 8th Starting at 1PM. A top tuner from Korea is flying in with the capability to flash the Forte ECU (as well as others).

Saturday, August 7th, starting at 1PM will be reserved for people who need custom tunes that will take DYNO time and tuning time. The rate is $150 / Hr for the tune plus $50 / hour for the DYNO time. (Crock w/ his 150 Shot should jump on this!)

Sunday, August 8th will be reserved for Vehicle Reflashes & DYNO Runs.
Prices:
$350 (ALL 03+ Tiburon, Elantra, Spectra)
$400 (Genesis Coupe & Sedan 2.0T/3.8, Forte 2.0/2.4, Soul)

Anyone can run on the DYNO at a rate of $50 for 3 runs. +$10 if you want air fuel monitoring, +$10 if you want boost monitoring.

Please PM if you are interested so we can start getting a head count!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i so wish i wasn't in arkansas. it would be awesome to go to this.

·
Registered
708 Posts
gad damnit .. thats the weekend i'm going to be in NH :'( i really wanted to see this

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sunday, August 8th will be reserved for Vehicle Reflashes & DYNO Runs.
Prices:

$400 (Genesis Coupe & Sedan 2.0T/3.8, Forte 2.0/2.4, Soul)
Wow!:eek: why so high? To rich for my blood at the moment!:( When the turbo is ready to go will this reflash be necessary? if so will it be available to get then? Thanks

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That's not really that high, look at APR for example, they are $499 - $599 for most VW flashes and over $2000 for Porsche.

In regards to our Turbo Kit, we will be building a custom tune (have already started testing out 1st version of the flash). Once it is 100% and we are happy with it. We will release it and the kit at the same time. Our current pricing structure on the kit is going to include the flash as part of the package to save you all $$$ on the whole deal :)

Wow!:eek: why so high? To rich for my blood at the moment!:( When the turbo is ready to go will this reflash be necessary? if so will it be available to get then? Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Will the flash you have ready for the turbo affect this current flash or add to the gains from it? I just see no point in paying $400 for the flash and the getting the turbo set up and finding out I just wasted $400.. If that's the case then no thanks, I'll just wait for the turbo.. For anyone who doesn't plan on being turboed then go ahead and do it before it gets any higher..

On a side note Crock was in contact with SFR for a while now and it seems over the last few weeks that number has went from $250 up to $400 now... Why the sudden changes? I understand that we have a new car and this is the first but there is no need to rape from the start unless repeat business doesn't matter?? Just my 2 cents.. I still stand by TK because you have been fare but I don't think I'll be looking at SFR anytime soon... I say if they wanna draw a crowd I would make the drive for $300 a pop if we had ten or so come up and get tuned.. That'd be an easy three grand especially if there set up is gonna be a plug and play system that takes em 20 minutes.. I think it sounds pretty fare...

·
Registered
407 Posts
@Turbokits.com Will you guys be offering some kind of tuning for us Canadian Customers?

·
Registered
526 Posts
On a side note Crock was in contact with SFR for a while now and it seems over the last few weeks that number has went from $250 up to $400 now... Why the sudden changes?
Heard the same thing...that's why I was saying "Wow!:eek: why so high?" That is quite a price difference!

·
Registered
708 Posts
400 is cheap for a dyno tune lol

generally in the gm world (using HPtuners) its 100 to unlock the car then AT LEAST 50 bux an hour after that plus dyno time these are the very minimum numbers.

theres a place in NJ that chargers 385 for just a flash.. no changes for your car or anything

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm not talking bout the dyno itself I'm talking it's just $400 for the flash itself plus the dyno still...

·
Registered
973 Posts
you northeastern US people are lucky, in my budget I've already planned on relegating about a grand to tuning and dynoing. Wish I could make it to this and actually be able to afford it lol, would be great to have something to help out while I await the day I can afford to turbo this car=]

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Orange,

Each flash will have to be done specifically for the parts on the car. The TURBO flash will be much different from the CAI / Exh flash. So they will be separate flashes. If a customer buys the CAI, Exh & Flash #1 from us and then say 6 months later orders the kit. We will definitely work out some sort of discount for the 2nd flash. This is a brand new offering and partnership with Seoulfulracing so the details are not 100% yet. But if both flashes are purchased from us. We WILL offer a discount on the Turbo Kit Flash.

In regards to the rates: Those are the rates right from Seoulfulracing for this DYNO event. We are not marking them up or making any money on the flash portions. The only thing we are charging for is the DYNO time and that is at a substantially discounted rate.

Will the flash you have ready for the turbo affect this current flash or add to the gains from it? I just see no point in paying $400 for the flash and the getting the turbo set up and finding out I just wasted $400.. If that's the case then no thanks, I'll just wait for the turbo.. For anyone who doesn't plan on being turboed then go ahead and do it before it gets any higher..

On a side note Crock was in contact with SFR for a while now and it seems over the last few weeks that number has went from $250 up to $400 now... Why the sudden changes? I understand that we have a new car and this is the first but there is no need to rape from the start unless repeat business doesn't matter?? Just my 2 cents.. I still stand by TK because you have been fare but I don't think I'll be looking at SFR anytime soon... I say if they wanna draw a crowd I would make the drive for $300 a pop if we had ten or so come up and get tuned.. That'd be an easy three grand especially if there set up is gonna be a plug and play system that takes em 20 minutes.. I think it sounds pretty fare...

The weekend of Aug 7th & 8th at our facility in Windsor Locks, CT. Starting early Afternoon on Saturday and all day Sunday.

where will this be done at?

Yes, these flashes will be US & CAN Spec available :)

@Turbokits.com Will you guys be offering some kind of tuning for us Canadian Customers?

Nothing yet, the release of it and all of the details will be on the DYNO on Aug 7th - 8th as the power is proven with before and after runs!

what exactly is the deal with this flash? is there a thread on it?

Thanks everyone, this is going to be a sick gathering and a true "power to surprise", KDM is HERE to play event! Look forwards to seeing you all there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would assume, like my 2007 Honda Civic Si with the FlashPro system, the flash is going to be user friendly?

I would like to have my '10 Koup Flashed but of course, would like to see the dyno results. I m not sure about flashing a stock car, and what gains that one could possibly see. With my civic, the "Race Flash" calibration lowers the VTEC engagement points, and changes cam angles, but also allows for user to change the injector sizing and much much more ( FlashPro Civic Si ) I'm hoping and assuming that the software will be somewhat similar to this?

I wish that I could be present with the Kia or my Turbo'd Si, but I'm currently stationed in GA. I've purchased two kits from TurboKits.com and I know that you all are very qualified in your work.

Good luck to all that go...

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good News!

Good News Guys!

We were able to negotiate a KDM DYNO Special for the Forte Community.

NA Flash & 3 DYNO Pulls for $349.00

That's right, all Kia Forte 2.0L & 2.4L will get the naturally aspirated ECU Re-flash and 3 DYNO Pulls for $349.00. This will only be available during our KDM DYNO event.

Better throttle response, no lag around 5K RPMs, better acceleration, all from a flash. Add our TK.com intake and now your singing!

Please e-mail ([email protected]), Call (860-676-2929) or PM to reserve your spot now!

Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts