Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone;

The Forte is a phenomenal car in a lot of respects, but as I (and many others) have been saying since I joined this forum, it needs more horsepower. TurboKits.com rose to the challenge.

I spoke with Jesse (TurboKits.com here on the forums) on the phone on two different occasions and asked him a million and one questions. He answered them professionally, with enthusiasm and concern in his voice. As a senior sales manager who is constantly training and retraining my sales reps on the art of phone sales, body language/tone, and enthusiasm, I was pleased to have the pleasure of working with someone that showed obvious concern for his work.

Jesse told me that it'd take a week to ship, and sure enough, I received my tracking number today. I am looking forward to getting the kit on my Forte, and will detail (in vivid detail, by the way) every step of the process.

What I can say, with confidence, is that the process so far has been as smooth and stress-free as possible. The instructions e-mailed to me are top-notch and step by step. I am looking forward to next weekend when the kit gets installed.

For $4,300 USD shipped, I feel that the kit is a good buy. I will post again once I have the kit with my initial impression, and then again when I have it installed.

Thanks again TurboKits, you've done the impossible and managed to live up to your reputation!

Here's a little video describing a bit about the anatomy of a turbo (moreso, how to clock it) with my genius friend Kino explaining it:

The obligatory glamour picture:

Here I am getting the plastic coverings removed:

Putting the intercooler in... heads up that it is a TIGHT fit:

Superman that ho!

There's actually a lot of room to work back near the firewall:

I installed/removed the upper IC pipe probably 10 times:

These clamps may cause your lower grill to be out of alignment. I'm still trying to get my grill to sit properly:

Fuel rail out, injectors getting swapped out. Heads up that when you pull the injectors out gas will spurt out... ;)

Taking out the stock header. Removing it from up top definitely was NOT fun. It got stuck numerous times against the firewall and the plastic trim:

My buddy looking weird once we finally got it out:

The new manifold. Looks and fit great! Note that ours had extra mounting holes that weren't used:

Engine cover removed, little test fit/glamour shot. Intake pipe was NOT heatwrapped yet:

The exhaust installed, tip looks great!

2,213 Posts
This post was such a c*ck tease!!!! The heading made it sound like you had it in your car already!!! lol it's all gravy, I'm in the same boat as you my man. Mines going in next sat for the turbo. Ahhhhhh I can't wait!!!! lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
Dude! Once you have it installed, I'm gonna have to get a ride! ;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
May I ask why 4300? What did u add to it? The plug and play harness?

Edit: and yes like KIA said, this def was a c*ck tease lol I was absolutely thrilled to have someone review it and then I go in and it's "I will next week" f*ck u!! Haha jk man I can't wait to hear how u like it

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$3,895 + shipping ($150) + harness ($250ish).

lol I apologize for the tease, but I thought I should comment on the overall purchasing experience. Will update again once I have the kit in my grubby little hands.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The welds look great, the kit was packaged exceptionally. Weighed in at 79lbs!!

Can't wait till the install this Saturday!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You're one lucky s.o.b. Must have been downright orgasmic unpacking the whole thing :D

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I feel like I'm missing a downpipe, but I'm not sure if that came with the exhaust or not. I'm debating ordering the exhaust next week :)

Super excited to put it in. I will be taking some pics of the process and posting them. I will also take some video of the more difficult stuff.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's awesome man good luck!! How much is the installer charging u and how long is it gonna take them? Did u get gauges?
A friend and I will be installing it ourselves. TurboKits.com gave me a boost guage, but I won't be installing it until I find a dual A-pillar guage pod for the Koup :)

On that note... anyone know of any?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts