Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, you know how there are CD's out there where songs don't really end and they go onto the next # but sound like 1 continuous piece of music?

best example I can come up with are the 4 songs on the Beatles Abbey Road album that play in sequence without a break.

Yet the CD player in my Forte SX has a like 1/2 second pause between each song.

is there ANY way to disable this pause? change my CD player settings?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not that im aware of. If im right, i think it really depends on how the CD was burned, becuase when i burn cds, i have ther option on how long of a pause i was between the songs. SO when i put it into any CD player, the all have the same time-gap.

Sorry if this doesnt help

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
just taking a wild guess here-
no way to change it.
my guess is that kia (or who ever made the stereo/cd player)
has followed the "ipod" generation trend....
ie-the masses clamoring for "individual" songs- as opposed to "intertwined" songs......

take for instance- your abbey road example-
suppose you hate track 2 or 3 of that 4 song stretch you are talking about....
you would hate not being able to hit the 'next track' as soon as 2 or 3 came up- or something like that...

i do gotta say-
while i've not played any mp3 players/memory sticks yet-
so far- soundwise-
the CD player rocks- sounds so much better (and louder w/o getting distorted) compared (to my tired ears) to the sat radio or regular radio..........

bought NIN's 'and all that could have been' live cd and havent taken it out of the cd slot since i bought it 5 or 6 days ago........sure-i got that cd on digital media- but i was shopping in book store and saw it for like 4 dollars.....and figured- wth- i dont have any cds in the car yet........

all i can say is that cd and my car..........wow.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.