Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Kia Forte. Yesterday I was in my driveway, car running. Plugged in a phone charger. Plugged in phone. Car stalls, pull out charger, it is smoking. Car turns over, won't start. No dash lights. Help.

· Registered
206 Posts
Start by checking every fuse you can get too.

· Registered
206 Posts
Is there fusible links in the fuse box? Make sure to pull each fuse and check it with a meter. Check all fuses in the under dash fuse box too.

· Registered
1,133 Posts
'Smoking' charger sounds REALLY bad to me. A fuse of the correct spec should have blown long before the charger heated up that much. And it's also a big concern that multiple, separate circuits have been affected.

Is it possible that someone replaced a higher amp fuse because the factory fuse was blowing? I hope you will be able to reply with a definite no to that question.

· Registered
1,133 Posts
Glad to read it's running again, but am really puzzled why the charger took out the ignition fuse, and not the expected cig lighter/aux power fuse instead. Something doesn't seem right there.

· Registered
1 Posts
2010 Kia Forte I've checked all the fuses all the relays the fuel pump is not getting any power the anti-theft was engaged when the guy at O'Reilly's crossed the positive and negative wires while trying to jump out with his jump box any idea of what could be the problem is the anti-theft stuck and how do you do that without the key fob??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts