Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got those installed on my Forte by TWM performance and it's amazing :eek: The base bushing are made of aluminium and the ones for the cables, from bronzoil (mix between bronze and another alloy that I don't remember.)

It's much more precise now, feels like its on rail.

And they will have a short shifter available, very soon.

more info... TWM Performance Shifter Bushings

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a twm short shifter with the aluminum base bushings and its awesome.
the base bushing alone change the whole feel of the shifter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi MaxD, as a Montreal resident, did you have to pay for shipping or can they mail it? Also, is it something that someone can DIY or do they offer any installation?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi MaxD, as a Montreal resident, did you have to pay for shipping or can they mail it? Also, is it something that someone can DIY or do they offer any installation?
They will ship almost anywhere in the world via UPS. I don't think they offer installation but I'm not sure. You could call them Contact TWM Performance

Installation is really easy. No special tools needed.

It's amazing that so little makes such a difference.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Redeem code

"BK2SCHOOL" and redeem 10% off of your order with TWM Performance!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The prototype will be ready in about 2 weeks. Just be patient. Believe me, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The prototype will be ready in about 2 weeks. Just be patient. Believe me, it will be worth it.
and thats why i have so many things i've bought for my koup still sitting around- lol- i dont wanna have to take apart my car to put one thing in- only to do the same process all over again when a new part comes in......

sigh- it does tempt me though looking at my stack of things to be done

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Just install my Delrin bushings and.................... no noticable difference!!!!:(
Where's the night and day feel!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hiya Matemorh

I guess you'd need the short shifter to go along with, if you wanna experience the day & night "feel", buddy. :D

Does anyone have any idea, the difference between a 5-speed short shifter and 6-speed short shifter (assuming its is meant for Forte Koup)?

Regards

:)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just install my Delrin bushings and.................... no noticable difference!!!!:(
Where's the night and day feel!!!
Weird... I find it to be more precise. We should do another meet (Montreal area) and compare stock vs bushing vs short shift

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am stock,this week i'm in vacation.
I don't have the short throw shifter installed yet... But we could still maybe meet Friday ?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump for a great product. All metal contruction. Great customer support.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts