Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, how have you been...

Well, my lights worked last night, and now neither of them will turn on. Its almost as I turned off a switch but I have checked the steering wheel column and everything seems to be on. I checked the wires... nothing seems to be unplugged...

Suggestions? I dont think the bulbs busted because both lights went out at the same time. Ive had this setup for about 3 months with no problems.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the harness runs near the radiator but free of belts, the wires are fine. The harness is connected directly to the battery, nothing has changed there.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you tuen on your lights and you touch the ballast can you feel power going to them? If no power check the fuse inside your car it's right where you open the driver door it's a 10 amp fuse it's in the first row the 6th one down check to make sure that's it's not blowed

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How could I feel the power? What would I "feel"? a shock?

·
Registered
356 Posts
No lol when you start your car and turn your lights on the ballast makes a little noise and if you touch the black part you feel the power running and you can hear it oh and there is one more fuse inside by the ecu it's a 20amp for hi/lows hope it leads you in the right diredtion

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what noise? is it a high pitched tone? I hear that.. I did not "feel power" coming from the ballast, whatever that means.

The fuses are fine.

Is there a special switch to shut off headlights that is not on the steering wheel column?

·
Registered
356 Posts
That high pitch sound means there on and I don't think there is a special switch to tuen off the headlights you may want to go on to the ddm website and go to the troubleshoot section. Sorry that can't be anymore help hope you figure it out fast

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope you guys will help me I have a road trip this weekend and I cant drive at night with no headlamps

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That high pitch sound means there on and I don't think there is a special switch to tuen off the headlights you may want to go on to the ddm website and go to the troubleshoot section. Sorry that can't be anymore help hope you figure it out fast
Thank you

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Btw this all happened after it rained but my ballasts arent mounted in the wheel well lol. I have on windshield fluid reservoir, and another on the frame.

It just dripped 20 degrees in SFL.. does that have to do with anything?

2,213 Posts
If you tuen on your lights and you touch the ballast can you feel power going to them? If no power check the fuse inside your car it's right where you open the driver door it's a 10 amp fuse it's in the first row the 6th one down check to make sure that's it's not blowed
lick your fingers, then touch 2 wires at the same time....if you feel a little tingle, youve got power!!! lol check to see if its grounded. do the parking lights, or highbeams work?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I've had close to the same problem with fogs, try to disconnect the harness, grab one of the ballasts and hook it up straight to the bulb, then to the factory output, see if they light up, if not, then disconnect, and connect the bulb plugs straight to the batter posts. (the ones you plug into the factory output) if they light up, then the problem is your harness, if not, then the problem is either you Ballast or your Bulbs

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DDM says it is most likely the harness. Does anyone know where the stock bulb connector is? Im trying to find it to bypass the harness but I cant see where it is.. or maybe I have seen it and dont know what im looking at

·
Registered
122 Posts
1. Are your blinkers working? (this will verify that the connection from the car to the headlights is secure)
2. IF your blinkers are working (and assuming that you checked all the connections on the harness, the fuse in your HID Relay harness and the relay on your harness then) make sure your car is off and open the dust cap for the low beams and check the connection where the two spades (positive and negative) are connected to the stock bulb holder (black plastic with two yellow wires)..

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
DDM says it is most likely the harness. Does anyone know where the stock bulb connector is? Im trying to find it to bypass the harness but I cant see where it is.. or maybe I have seen it and dont know what im looking at
stock bulb connector as is in our h11B bulb or in the H11 hid kit bulb. anyway you can post a picture?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sure i will when I can. The bulb, whether stock or HID, will connect to the same connector I thought, but the tech on the phone seemed to suggest that the bulb connector was not inside the dustcap. Has anyone connected HIDs without harness yet?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts