Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short I was involved in a wreck..car was totalled and my aunt offered to buy me a new car, i chose the koup obviously since im here...She lives in Houston and I'm in Dallas so I told her what I wanted and she got it. One problem...WTF IS THIS UGLY ASS WHITE STRIPE!?!?! I'm a little upset :( Is there anyway to just paint over it without getting the whole damn car painted?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4452216771_16ab195a2e.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my aunt bought it from the dealer, I wasn't there for the purchase or I wouldn't have allowed this horrible mistake to happen...sigh...that just kills the whole car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you being serious? I just got this car today, even though I'm obviously a little upset about this ugly thing on my car the last thing I want to do is jack my paint up.

·
Registered
533 Posts
There is a product called label and sticker remover available at Advance Auto and Pep Boys that will not damage paint at all and you can use it to remove any sticker or emblem from the vehicle.. will not damage clear coat either.. I've used it on my Koup as well as rossfrost22 and on countless other vehicles... It will do the job beautifully..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you...you are a god...you can't imagine how bad of an eyesore that is, I'm taking care of that thing tomorrow lol :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
is it just a decal sticker ??? DUDE googone or maybe the turtle wax bug and tar remover OR check this out.... peanut butter.... put it on let the oil get in there and it should soften the glue up

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
googone smells like it could eat through steel, that cant be good on paint lol ill go the route of orange crush.

·
Registered
533 Posts
DO NOT!!! I REPEAT DO NOT USE GOO-GONE OR PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! They will eat that clear coat right through and you'll see your very first rust pin stripe....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Uh if it's paint then you kinda screwed... I'd take it to a local dealer and ask it to be removed.. They may or may not do it... Still check it first with the sticker remover and if it doesn't peel off then try the dealer..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know, when I saw it i was like wow....fail. Like I said, I pray its removable, its so ugly don't think I won't drop the money to have the whole damn car repainted.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Mine came from the dealer with a black pinstripe. Doesn't look bad to me. But white on black does look horrible...

·
Registered
78 Posts
i had the same thing on my SXDAN....
It was put on from the dealer and they had an "artist" come to their lot and painted pin stripes on the side of all of the cars....I originally didn't care thinking it was a decal and that I could just pull it off...but yeah it was def painted on.....I removed it 3weeks ago with fingernails/credit card and paint thinner....since its oil paint the paint thinner on a microfiber cloth both from walmart and working it little by little its all gone now....FYI if using your fingernail good luck because its hurts like a bitch after scrape for 2hours....my GF helped me with her fingernails and little by little the stripes were gone....its on top of the clear coat so you wont scratch a thing as long as you take your time...i have a couple pix of the process.

P.S. paint thinner will not harm your paint....if you dont trust it then you could also use mineral spirits...but I'm telling you for sure you wont damage the paint...you might want to wax and buff a little also...I didnt because the car was new and was not needed..the paint just rubbed off like plastic with a soft microfiber towel...Here are the pics...Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
and that answers your question now get moving i want to see some results!

·
Registered
178 Posts
If it is paint...( i did this on my ol 05 sunfire) take like 2000 grit and wet sand it away and buff it (if you have the experience to do so). I did it and it turned out great....just make sure you know what you r doin...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts