Kia Forte Forum banner

WHICH PROPOSAL DO YOU WANT TO SEE AS THE UKE LOGO?!?!

• OPTION 1- D113 PROPOSAL 1

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • OPTION 2- KoupSXR PROPOSAL 2

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • OPTION 3- KoupSXR PROPOSAL 3

Votes: 7 12.1%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is the moment we've been waiting for!! although it took a little longer than projected the time for the poll is here! now to avoid any biases we used feedback from the other thread to choose which proposals made the poll. since there were only 3 proposals that got allot of feedback, those 3 made the poll. The UKE wants to once again thank everyone for their proposals and creativity. Just because a proposal didn't make the poll it doesn't mean that a few of these proposals wont make it onto swag! with that said...... LET THE POLLING BEGIN!

*NOTE: POLLING WILL END NEXT SUNDAY AT AROUND THIS SAME TIME*

........OPTION 1...........OPTION 2.............OPTION 3

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, I won't hide my vote.

Nothing against the designers.

Just my 3 cents:

I voted for Option # 3.

#1 is too fat will cover more space on any window it is installed on. I would have voted for it if it wasn't as tall. Perhaps you can tweak it, place it on a diet and make it slender????

#2 is my #2 choice.

#3 is sleek and pleasing to the eye and is the only one out of the 3 that is not too tall as compared to the length. It will fit perfectly on any window without taking too much room. Yeah, it has the most Red in it but that is GOOD. Kia's colour is Red. My Soul is Vanilla and yeah it doesn't match the paint, but that too is good. Too much of the same colour is not as good. You need to make a bold statement. This one will be viewed the best as it stands out the most.

On a different note: The decals for these will not have a background correct? In the #1 option, the decal will not have any Black background correct? And in Options 2 and 3, there won't be any white background ?

Keep in mind that if these are placed on tinted windows, then Option 1 is the best as the white letters will contrast the dark windows as where options 2 and 3, the dark letters will NOT show up on the tint. Just a thought to consider. If that is the case, then I want to retract my vote for # 3 and go with Option 1 (but make it skinnier please) ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
On a different note: The decals for these will not have a background correct? In the #1 option, the decal will not have any Black background correct? And in Options 2 and 3, there won't be any white background ?

Keep in mind that if these are placed on tinted windows, then Option 1 is the best as the white letters will contrast the dark windows as where options 2 and 3, the dark letters will NOT show up on the tint. Just a thought to consider. If that is the case, then I want to retract my vote for # 3 and go with Option 1 (but make it skinnier please) ;)
Or we can have a black on white & white on black version of #1?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unless options #2&3 have a thin white contour around the perimeter to make it stick out more on dark windows.

Example on my Soul..WHITE letters is the way too go.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just to give you a visual on what it would look like....
White Lettering is the way to go IMHO

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Marc....

The colours are only for the idea, I am sure that they will be available in different colours for different situations. I have confidence in the committee to have thought about this issue.

Try this in your pic above....
The Koup SXR logos on the right make the UKE in white with red accents...not the white outline as you have shown on the left.

For nontinted windows the logos assuming would be black, even D113's logo could be black and red.

Just thoughts.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Option 1 definitely...and to solve the "FAT/WIDE" issue, just make different size version available so people can decide what they want. Just please give us a Titanium colored version of #1!!!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
The White letters look good on Options 2 and 3 as well.

As for the logos, being different colours and different size versions is not a good idea. Either go with Black OR White letters and not both versions.
Have ONE (1) logo and stick with it. Once a logo is selected, it shouldn't have different versions available. Sure, you can have the SAME logo in different sizes (proportion wise), that's ok but you can't have different width to height versions, that would not be professorial. And UKE should be/will be professional correct?

Also, think of the money that would be spent to have various versions and un-proportional sizes as decals.
Again, just my thoughts......

Anyhoot, here's what the other options would look like with white lettering:

·
Registered
536 Posts
The White letters look good on Options 2 and 3 as well.

As for the logos, being different colours and different size versions is not a good idea. Either go with Black OR White letters and not both versions.
Have ONE (1) logo and stick with it. Once a logo is selected, it shouldn't have different versions available. Sure, you can have the SAME logo in different sizes (proportion wise), that's ok but you can't have different width to height versions, that would not be professorial. And UKE should be/will be professional correct?

Also, think of the money that would be spent to have various versions and un-proportional sizes as decals.

Anyhoot, here's what the other options would look like with white lettering:

I definitely agree there should be only 1 logo for identity. It would be too confusing to have more than that. But what is so wrong about having different sizes or colors? I've seen many companies that have decals to fit specific places (i.e. side windows, Front windshield size decals for banners, Rear window decals, interior decals) ....I see nothing wrong with that and I wouldn't say it's not professional to do so. It gives more flexibility to people who have a specific look they want. If someone wants a 3"x12 decal along there right side window that is fine. That might be there style but that might not be the next guys style and would like one a little smaller.... Just adding my .02...Interested in hearing others thoughts on this....

·
Registered
64 Posts
^^ True.
I said that different sizes would be great as long as the sizes are in proportion to the original design. You don't see major companies change the colors of their logo or change them to different un-proportional sizes from their original logos do you? But then again, those are Big Ass companies and not small Enthusiasts groups ;)

Yes, it would be nice to hear from others on the subject. Ecko and I have stated our preferences, someone else join in. Man these forums are quiet wink, wink.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My vote is for #1. I'd go with white lettering with red middle-line(for my tinted windows). I do like #2 as a close 2nd though.

·
Registered
536 Posts
^^ True.
I said that different sizes would be great as long as the sizes are in proportion to the original design. You don't see major companies change the colors of their logo or change them to different un-proportional sizes from their original logos do you? But then again, those are Big Ass companies and not small Enthusiasts groups ;)

Yes, it would be nice to hear from others on the subject. Ecko and I have stated our preferences, someone else join in. Man these forums are quiet wink, wink.
Trust me I am not even trying to start a web arguement. I have 2 different sets of "KICKER" decals...both sets are different colors...One is yellow..one is red...both sets have different size decals to fit a small window and spread across the front windshield...Last time I checked Kicker is a major audio corporation.....I have had lots of decals for different cars and could always get the color I needed to match my car...There's honestly no reason why this can't be done and one persons opinion shouldn't be the opinion of the forum but I have a feeling people will want something to match there respective color cars. If that's not the case, I will keep quiet. Hondaboys don't care about our UKE decals, we do. So as long as we know what "UKE" represents, that is all that really matters! That is the last time I comment on it.....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Ecko...I think what Soul Marc is trying to get across it that is the proportions of the UKE logo are for example 3" x 5" then a 6" x 10" or a 1.5" x 2.5" would be okay...but not 1" x 10" (as this would distort the logo).

As for colours I would almost bet...that they will be available in different colours. Hope this clears up a bit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes FEARtheFOX..you know what I'm trying to say with size wise. As I said the stickers can be different sizes BUT as long as they are proportional to the original design.

·
Registered
695 Posts
If we go different colors, I think white and black are two great choices, having other colors with give a whole new representation to the original design.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
clarification

To be clear, once the logo is picked, the art will be sent to the various area committee members, and they will source the vinyl shop locally.

They will be free to get them any size/color they want.. we just ask the the red accents remain red unless they make the entire logo one color.

Fox is correct, why not make a silver with red accent logo..it's actually quite sharp on a silver car =)

My logo is a package. It has the logo you are voting on above as the "brand" but includes the grill accents for wide-style logos as well. There will be many options with mine.. see the entry in the contest thread,

or here:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Free?
D113, doesn't matter which logo wins, any logo can be a package. There are NO Limits as to where you place the logo and what size (proportionately speaking) you can have them.

I would only need one for my rear window.
Let your mind take over.....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.