Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanna get an Under the seat Sub. I'm not the biggest fan of normal subs (the ones in the trunk) becaus ei find their bass is over powering and they take up room, plus i don't wanna be the douche with his quarter panel ratteling.

Anyways, so i was in a friend's subaru, and he had the optional under the seat sub, it sounded amazing. so what i am asking is:

did anyone ever try or own an under the seat sub? what's the best brand?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Q-Logic from expierence has some good enclosures, they have a specialty in making vehicle specific enclosures..

But (<--the infamous) I have not found anything for the Kia...

In the past I have made both an underseat box and kick panels as well... If you want something that doesn't overpower... just do some slim kick panels with a couple of 8's or a couple custom fiberglass boxes that fit on the sides of the trunk...

Most of the time you will never get enough airspace that the manufacturer recommends but then again.. Whens the competition again!... You can still get great sound in a nice factory looking discreat package.

·
Registered
103 Posts
@ noodile

have you ever considered goin with an 8" or 10" bazooka tube? they barely use any trunk space and the bass compliments the factory system quite well (without the rattling of bigger traditional sub box). I run the 8" and i know there is another member here running the 10" in his Koup.
Infinity also makes a Bass-Link, I ve never used one, but once again there are members here with experience on them.

just some ideas for ya!

·
Registered
51 Posts
@ noodile

have you ever considered goin with an 8" or 10" bazooka tube?
Koup I see that you have one and please do not take this the wrong way, before circuit city went out of business I used to be the Roadshop Instal Manager... No horn tooting here... Anyhow we sold both the bazooka tube and the bass link... the bazooka suffered from a lot of problems including over heating... Now my expierence is from 3 years ago so a lot has changed... The reason they would overheat in my opinion wasn't all related to a crappy product (if used properly it was great), You have those who want to spend next to nothing for a system try to piece a tube system together and then push it way to hard..

For astetics though I would still recommend spending a few extra and getting a fiberglass enclosurer done.

·
Registered
103 Posts
@ serdarat493

lol no offence taken man, i guess i shouldve explained im running one with the built in amp, and the rest of my system is all factory (head unit and speakers), so its not being pushed hard by any means

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about bazookas, but i like the under the seat ones more, a friends has one in his subie.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know this is an old topic, but what if you get slim series 8's or 10's and do custom built boxs under the seats? I havn't really looked at the space under the seats yet but I have two 10" kicker slim series that I used in my regular cab s10..I believe they were only 3 inch deep and hit harder than some 12s i've heard so I'm gonna take a look at what I can build under there

·
Registered
15 Posts
check out amazon or ebay for BOSS under seat subs they come powered((built in amp)) and are pretty small and relatively cheap (about $100) While i have not used them before they seem cheap enough to give them a shot and reviews i have read say if you just want a nice rounded subtle bass they are perfect...if you wanna wake up the neighbors stick with the trunk installs...just my two cents

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Anyone know the actual dimensions of usable space under either seat?
I'm looking at an all in one box that looks like it might fit. I'm at work so I can't go out and measure!
Width 9-1/8"
Height 3-1/4"
Depth 13-7/8"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I was wondering if you actually went through with this, or anyone for that matter. I got my 2015 Forte5 a few weeks ago and the sound thoroughly sucks. I need just a little more and I would be happy and have been thinking of going this route.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there any splicing into wires required or are there adapters and connectors available? Trying to keep everything as stock as possible for warranty issues down the line.

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
Under seat sub is pointless. Flat subs don't perform and there isn't room. Just get a small one for the trunk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not looking for rattling bass and trunk space is more valuable. Just want to improve the stock system a tad. My head $20 headphones sound better than this system.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Not looking for rattling bass and trunk space is more valuable. Just want to improve the stock system a tad. My head $20 headphones sound better than this system.
You can do a LOT with a Lil 8" sub and it takes very very little room.

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
an 8" or even a 10" powered sub doesn't take up much room. Hell I have a 15" in a sealed box and still can fit two suitcases and my gun bag in my trunk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts