Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Has anyone fitted a UNI Chip know of one being fitted on a Forte Koup? Or does anyone know of a Koup being chipped and the performace increase details?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uni chips are pretty popular in Singapore. Nearly did on mine, but opted for OBDII tuning instead. Has a more natural feel, smoother progression up the powerband.

Unichips work well on turbos though - consider a mild boost kit (up to 1 bar). Can't really go further as the comp ratio is pretty high already -10.5 to 1. 20% gains on hp is realistic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't wana look at a turbo, as that will be an issue when the car has to go in for a service. I will loose the waranty and probably the service plan as well. Here is RSA we get a 4 year 90 000km serivice plan and a 4 year 90 000km waranty.

I know the UNI chip can be removed for a service. Stock the car is doing 114.7KW...and I would like it to go up to 130/135kw. 9.3 0-100km/h is avarage for a naturally aspirated 2.0L engine. I would like it to be 8.X 0 - 100km/h.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Uni chips are pretty popular in Singapore. Nearly did on mine, but opted for OBDII tuning instead. Has a more natural feel, smoother progression up the powerband.

Unichips work well on turbos though - consider a mild boost kit (up to 1 bar). Can't really go further as the comp ratio is pretty high already -10.5 to 1. 20% gains on hp is realistic.
i would like to have a turbo kit for my 1.6 and i found that topic

SG Kia Club - Turbo kit for forte/koup

would you please inform me about the technical details ?

or would you please advise me kit supplier from Singapore?

i can arrange a shipping via Singapore, i would like to have the same kit for my 1.6...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts