Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i'm in search of my next mod, nothing performance, just something unique. I'll start off with some examples. please add any unique mods you've seen.

1. Led strips on rear windshield, used as turn signals, or brake lights.
2. HID reverse lights (Bad idea, melts housing)
3. Tailgate switch.
4. wheel wells blink with turn signals.

anymore ideas?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
LED strip wrapped around fog lights would look cool (instead of fog light bulb)

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I would have gotten this but my Koup is bright red so it wouldn't flow too well.

Universal Front Bumper Lip Splitter VW AUDI BMW SCION on eBay.ca (item 270572742202 end time 27-Nov-10 20:11:45 EST)

Also, instead of LEDs how about fiber optic wires? You get that nice solid bright line instead of individual dots in a line, aka LEDs.

You can purchase carbon fiber wrap and redo parts of the interior.

Pinstripes on the rims. I tried it and they look great, I had red pinstripes going around the stock SX rims.

I'm going for tasteful mods, nothing too over the top.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, instead of LEDs how about fiber optic wires? You get that nice solid bright line instead of individual dots in a line, aka LEDs.

Pinstripes on the rims. I tried it and they look great, I had red pinstripes going around the stock SX rims.

I'm going for tasteful mods, nothing too over the top.
i got the pinstripe on my rims, except mine is around the spokes, check the 5$ wheel mod for pics. and by fiber optic wires, do you mean EL wires?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was looking into LED wheel wells myself as soon as I get my rims...Underglow is played out but I have never seen the wheel wells done where I am located.

I have seen a few people with some type of red or blue lining on their grills and am not sure how they did that. suggestions???

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
and by fiber optic wires, do you mean EL wires?
I'm not exactly sure what EL wires really are so I don't want to say yes. But here's a picture of what kind of fiber optic wire I'm talking about.

http://www.infiniteinnovations.com/images/items/lightbox.jpg

The fiber optic wire on the left is the kind of wire I'm talking about. In my opinion that would look nicer than the LED strips. I saw one Koup, I believe from Singapore, pull it off on his light green Koup.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what EL wires really are so I don't want to say yes. But here's a picture of what kind of fiber optic wire I'm talking about.

http://www.infiniteinnovations.com/images/items/lightbox.jpg

The fiber optic wire on the left is the kind of wire I'm talking about. In my opinion that would look nicer than the LED strips. I saw one Koup, I believe from Singapore, pull it off on his light green Koup.
thats something that probably has to go inside the headlight, yes? looks cool though

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I was looking into LED wheel wells myself as soon as I get my rims...Underglow is played out but I have never seen the wheel wells done where I am located.

I have seen a few people with some type of red or blue lining on their grills and am not sure how they did that. suggestions???
On of the guy in the GTAFK has LEDs in his wheel wells. It looks pretty good if I may say. He has the colour changing ones. Controlled inside the car. Looks really good at night, during the day not very noticable at all.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

That's what i meant by EL wire. it's kinda like fiber optic, but not perfectly the same. (EL = elctroluminescent)

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
That's what i meant by EL wire. it's kinda like fiber optic, but not perfectly the same. (EL = elctroluminescent)
That's actually better than the fiber optic wires I was looking at! I like the look of those EL lights. I would definitely replace my "audi" LEDs for an EL wiring setup. Looks a lot more clean and it does seem relatively bright. Any idea of a good source to buy EL lights from?

·
Registered
203 Posts
check out some of my threads on what i have done i put some mood lights in my back seats that say koup and im making some new emblems for my car so im in the same boat as you kind of.

2,213 Posts
I got one...take a saws-all....chop your roof off!!! You could have the first forte koup convertible!!! (do not attempt this at home) lol I got the undercar led and wheel well led kit...not installed yet. But the kit comes with a million different colors, 18 different flash patterns, syncs up to your radio and it's remote controlled. Pretty nifty if ya ask me...and very much illegal too! But I only plan on using it at car shows. Or I race someone and win...hitting the 4 way flashers after a win is getting played out.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
just a note for all of you talkin about el wire. it is not fiber optic at all. there is a chemical it that light up when you run electricity through it. el wire is more flexible than fiber optic cause fiber will break if you bend it very much.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I got one...take a saws-all....chop your roof off!!! You could have the first forte koup convertible!!! (do not attempt this at home) lol I got the undercar led and wheel well led kit...not installed yet. But the kit comes with a million different colors, 18 different flash patterns, syncs up to your radio and it's remote controlled. Pretty nifty if ya ask me...and very much illegal too! But I only plan on using it at car shows. Or I race someone and win...hitting the 4 way flashers after a win is getting played out.
I thought it was only illegal if you run it in blue or red?????

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope, it's illegal in any color. it's considered "a distraction for other drivers". and any distraction is illegal. quite debatable, but illegal. technically a good looking chick driving is illegal, LEDsunder the headlight are technically illegal (distract driivers by making them look in their rear view mirrors).

My point is, it should be legal. since the other "distractions" are perfectly legal

1 - 20 of 38 Posts