Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some recent pics of my GT. I hope you like it.

The story of my GT.
1. My illusion of getting a GT started when I got my first Kiam, a 2018 Rio Sedan/and. A new Forte GT was very intriguing to me as a sport/sporty cars aficionado.
2. After grueling research, I found out the no one in Puerto Rico has it nor plans to bring it to the Island (as a new car, not even the local distributor, MotorAmbar).
3. Soon after I realized that there was no way to get it locally, I decided to test my luck and do business with a USA dealer. I selected Orlando because my sister lives near the dealer.
4. Started negotiation in mid-September 2020. Soon, a plethora of problems started to spark everywhere.
a. First: No bank will finance a car going to Puerto Rico. OK! Let try the other way around.
b. No bank in Puerto Rico will finance a car coming from offshore unless a registered dealership brings it to the Island.
c. After some serious analysis, research, calculations, and more, I decided I had to pay the car in full and ship it down to PR.
d. First solution proposed: Register the car to my name, but with my sister's address. Strike one! No-can-do.
d. Second solution proposed: Register the car to my sister's name and address. That seems the way to go. Weeks, after weeks, and no news, my sister went to the dealership and requested an explanation of why is taking so long to finish the deal. The answer: Florida MVD was to fault.
e. After some more debates, the dealer's Sales Manager finally confessed it was Kia who didn't want to approve the deal if the car was going to PR. The solution is to register the car as I will stay in Florida and "buy" the car from my sister for $0.00. The deal was approved, and I paid the balance, and the process started.
5. Finally, my sister finally bought the car. My sister wanted to leave the car at the dealership, but I told her the car was fully paid for and was not their responsibility, and I preferred that she store the car at her house. With a temporary registration and paper plate, she drove the vehicle safely to her house.
6. Negotiations with the carrier lasted about three more weeks to pick up the car and transport it to Jacksonville port.
7. At this point, the broker doesn't respond to my calls. Asking what the status is—the car was sitting in the dock for more than a week. I bought access to an app that will tell me the ship's location. The broker said to me that it would be a matter of a couple of days. He never called me, and I found out that they had to deliver some paperwork. I called and let him know. Then he started the process, but just because I told him. Otherwise, the car will be sitting there for I don't know how long. Finally, the car got onto the ship.
8. I started tracking the ship every day. According to the information, they told me that it would take three (3) days once it ships out. Nice, I say.
9. I tracked the ship until it arrived at San Juan port. There was some more paperwork for excise tax, MVD registration, pay the 2nd. Half to the shipping cost to the local maritime office. Someone recommended a broker who could do that for me since I didn't know much of the procedure. I talked to him the same day the ship arrived in Puerto Rico. He told me he would call me back. Then, two days, three days, four days, and my car was sitting again in a parking lot that I should pick up, and after five days, they will start charging storage fees. That is when I decided to go and start asking all around the location in the San Juan port.
10. I have problems on both my knees, so walking all around was a "little" uncomfortable for me. Finally, after several visitations to several offices and making payments to everyone involved in the transaction, finally, my car is freed for me to take it. However, I was informed to pick up the car; I had to prove the car was sold to me by my sister at $0. To my surprise, they got the car, gave me the keys and paperwork with the engine, and the A/C running to bear to get into a car with black interiors under the blazing sun, which is usual in Puerto Rico.

I finally drove my car, with no plates, marks, and writhing in almost every window. So, yes, I got my car, but then it took me another week to make the final paperwork to get the license, title, and plates. Finally, I can use my new 2021 Forte GT +GT2

The pre-beginning. My car parked someplace on the shore of St. Johns River in Jacksonville.

World Urban design Font Car Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

The car is home, and now plain water washes to clear all the dust that covers it.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

The engine bay mus be clean and shiny.

Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Looking clean!

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

The changes and updates started:

RaceChip + Android App

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Hood

Increased performance:
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Pattern

Paddle shifts, New Kia emblem:

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gear shift

... continue ...

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,425 Posts
New Dictionary definition for DETERMINED:
Determined definition is - having a strong feeling that you are going to do something and that you will not allow anyone or anything to stop you, See ZiggyM5!!!

(y)(y):)

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some recent pics of my GT. I hope you like it.

The story of my GT.
1. My illusion of getting a GT started when I got my first Kiam, a 2018 Rio Sedan/and. A new Forte GT was very intriguing to me as a sport/sporty cars aficionado.
2. After grueling research, I found out the no one in Puerto Rico has it nor plans to bring it to the Island (as a new car, not even the local distributor, MotorAmbar).
3. Soon after realizing that there was no way to get it locally, I decided to test my luck and do business with a USA dealer. I selected Orlando because my sister lives near the dealer.
4. Started negotiation in mid-September 2020. Soon, a plethora of problems started to spark everywhere.
a. First: No bank will finance a car going to Puerto Rico. OK! Let try the other way around.
b. No bank in Puerto Rico will finance a car coming from offshore unless a registered dealership brings it to the Island.
c. After some serious analysis, research, calculations, and more, I decided I had to pay the car in full and ship it down to PR.
d. First solution proposed: Register the car to my name, but with my sister's address. Strike one! No-can-do.
d. Second solution proposed: Register the car to my sister's name and address. That seems the way to go. Weeks, after weeks, and no news, my sister went to the dealership and requested an explanation of why is taking so long to finish the deal. The answer: Florida MVD was to fault.
e. After some more debates, the dealer's Sales Manager finally confessed it was Kia who didn't want to approve the deal if the car was going to PR. The solution is to register the car as I will stay in Florida and "buy" the car from my sister for $0.00. The deal was approved, and I paid the balance, and the process started.
5. Finally, my sister finally bought the car. My sister wanted to leave the car at the dealership, but I told her the car was fully paid for and was not their responsibility, and I preferred that she store the car at her house. With a temporary registration and paper plate, she drove the vehicle safely to her house.
6. Negotiations with the carrier lasted about three more weeks to pick up the car and transport it to Jacksonville port.
7. At this point, the broker doesn't respond to my calls. Asking what the status is—the car was sitting in the dock for more than a week. I bought access to an app that will tell me the ship's location. The broker said to me that it would be a matter of a couple of days. He never called me, and I found out that they had to deliver some paperwork. I called and let him know. Then he started the process, but just because I told him. Otherwise, the car will be sitting there for I don't know how long. Finally, the car got onto the ship.
8. I started tracking the ship every day. According to the information, they told me that it would take three (3) days once it ships out. Nice, I say.
9. I tracked the ship until it arrived at San Juan port. There was some more paperwork for excise tax, MVD registration, pay the 2nd. Half to the shipping cost to the local maritime office. Someone recommended a broker who could do that for me since I didn't know much of the procedure. I talked to him the same day the ship arrived in Puerto Rico. He told me he would call me back. Then, two days, three days, four days, and my car was sitting again in a parking lot that I should pick up, and after five days, they will start charging storage fees. That is when I decided to go and start asking all around the location in the San Juan port.
10. I have problems on both my knees, so walking all around was a "little" uncomfortable for me. Finally, after several visitations to several offices and making payments to everyone involved in the transaction, finally, my car is freed for me to take it. However, I was informed to pick up the car; I had to prove the car was sold to me by my sister at $0. To my surprise, they got the car, gave me the keys and paperwork with the engine, and the A/C running to bear to get into a car with black interiors under the blazing sun, which is usual in Puerto Rico.

I finally drove my car, with no plates, marks, and writhing in almost every window. So, yes, I got my car, but then it took me another week to make the final paperwork to get the license, title, and plates. Finally, I can use my new 2021 Forte GT +GT2

The pre-beginning. My car parked someplace on the shore of St. Johns River in Jacksonville.

View attachment 84849 View attachment 84850

The car is home, and now plain water washes to clear all the dust that covers it.

View attachment 84851 View attachment 84852

The engine bay must be clean and shiny.

View attachment 84853

Looking clean!

View attachment 84854 View attachment 84855

The changes and updates started:

RaceChip + Android App

View attachment 84856

Increased performance:
View attachment 84857

Paddle shifts, New Kia emblem:

View attachment 84858

... continue ...
New Kia emblem:

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Under construction. I am thinking about new enhancements. Not decided yet what's the next step. Intake/exhaust interested me a lot, but I don't know If I will go that way. Bigger brakes are another area of interest.

Let see how I ended up with.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New Dictionary definition for DETERMINED:
Determined definition is - having a strong feeling that you are going to do something and that you will not allow anyone or anything to stop you, See ZiggyM5!!!

(y)(y):)
Yes indeed! Lol 😁 :cool:

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,425 Posts
"Let see how I ended up with."

Decisions, decisions:
aFe Takeda Intake
Velossa Tech Big Mouth intake
Intercooler, Wagner or SXTH
Exhaust. Evilla or X-Force

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts