Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dealer said they are not compatible.. Don't know why but if the dealer isn't willing to take your money they must be right lol...

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I installed a double din nav with the metra kit! I still don't have pics cuz i just keep forgetting to take them :( but it looks great and works rly well!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea I installed a double din nav with the metra kit! I still don't have pics cuz i just keep forgetting to take them :( but it looks great and works rly well!
Does your nav have control knobs and work perfectly with the hands free controls on the steering wheel?
I really like the way it looks and how well it blends in with the rest of the dash. Wonder if yours is the same.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just want the auto climate control. What do i need to do?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I tried looking on KGIS website with no luck... maybe someone else can see if there is any info on that site?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sam mas...I bought the steering wheel cable to be able to do this and the volume, mode, mute buttons work..buuuttt, the Bluetooth on the steering wheel does not! So now I have to do everything through the nav for calls. I also lost the feature to say "call home" and it does it. That's the major downfall to it but honestly it's not a big deal. There's no more transfer complete anymore and the speakers still light up to the music. I can also listen to my iPhone using pandora or any other audio through it wirelessly through my nav which is awesome but can't do it at the same time while using the nav for some reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you using a pioneer head unit with a pac swi-ps? I have a Pioneer AVIC unit and my bluetooth steering wheel button did not work before (2010 Kia Forte Koup). Turns out the resistance from the bluetooth switch produces a voltage greater than 4.5 VDC, hence cannot be programmed by the pac swi-ps. Add a 22k or 47k resistor (cannot remember what I used) between the white wire (output from pac swi-ps) and ground. Then reprogram the pac swi-ps unit. Follow the link below for details (22k or 47k resistor is the "External resistor").

http://www.pac-audio.com/flash/swicalculator.swf

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Kent, I have a Clarion nx500 double din unit with a metra dash kit. I didn't install it myself and know NOTHING about electric in cars so irdk how to do any of that...I believe the steering wheel cable is the same tho but I wouldn't know how to go in and do what you're saying. I appreciate the help but I just couldn't do it...merry Christmas everyone! Plz drive safe and don't drink and drive!

·
Registered
257 Posts
To answer the original post, anything is possible. But Kia apparently doesn't make too many plug and play upgrade kits like the American's. I would have to guess adding OEM nav and climate control, would in no way be a cost effective option. I also wish I had them, I also like my car color which is not available in 2011.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts