Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if you have the same one as i do. But i just press the display button, and you can change to song name, album name, artist.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But is that just a preview, and will it eventually return to just the filename, or does it keep it in that "display mode" forever? Anyway thanks for the tip, I'll mess around with it (I don't have access to the car until after work in a few hours I was just thinking about it and thought I'd ask! :))

·
Registered
39 Posts
No prob man.
I think it should stay the way you set it. I never tried to keep it that way for any period of time. I like the way it scrolls with all the info... :)
Did you read in the manual that you should not start the car with the usb plugged in?
They say it could hurt the usb device... I read that part late... but have not had any problems wih leaving it in... maybe just some long load times every now and then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha i've probably had that usb drive in there since i bought the car back in august... i've only had it "die" once, but I'm not sure what happened, I think the USB driver just disabled that particular drive, because other USB drives worked fine with it... I plugged the "bad" usb drive into the computer, and it was working fine. After a couple of days, it started working again in the Kia.. that was about 2-3 months ago, and it's been plugged in constantly eversince with no problems... *shrug*

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I tried to go the usb route, just so i could leave it in the car. It doesn't display like a iPod does, so I have given up on the idea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Miklos!
I tried the "Info"button and it will change the display....but only for 5 seconds... :(
Sorry man. now i'm bummed... lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
if anyone knows a fix for this.....i would like to know myself.....just cuts off and has numbers and folders....i tried holding down the info button and nothing and i would really like for it to read out the song at least or scroll through all but doesnt seem like it does.

·
Registered
211 Posts
haha i've probably had that usb drive in there since i bought the car back in august... i've only had it "die" once, but I'm not sure what happened, I think the USB driver just disabled that particular drive, because other USB drives worked fine with it... I plugged the "bad" usb drive into the computer, and it was working fine. After a couple of days, it started working again in the Kia.. that was about 2-3 months ago, and it's been plugged in constantly eversince with no problems... *shrug*
Same has happened to my first USB drive. Haven't plugged it in since, but I'll try again now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts