Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2010 KIA forte ex, and I was wondering if I can play music through my iPhone while charging it because every time I plug it in it keeps saying "reading file" and won't charge the phone. can someone please help me out with this?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've never had that problem with my OEM/factory stereo. Changed it for a kenwood aftermarket stereo.

I can say from experience that when I use my phone on laptop or desktop the phone/tablet will do the same as you describe. When charging screen turns on when connected (even though usb cable still plugged in) it will disconnect & reconnect over & over.

What turns out to be is the usb cable. Not all are made to charge, transfer & interface properly or as user wants. Can be the wire inside is broken or the pin/s are just not there to complete communication between phone & usb port/s.

Buy a well designed usb data cable/cord. Not some cheap (under $10.00) one.

You can buy them from any dealership. Best buy or Walmart (blackweb or monster)

Hope this help. Post the fix. It helps out the community.

Anthony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for reply to my discussion, but I was using my iPhone charger that came with them phone. A lot of people told me to buy the iPod jack that comes with a usb and a AUX inputs, do you know where I can find one?

·
Registered
502 Posts
On search in the apple store (if still item available) can buy them from them.

Can also check Best buy online, in store is better to check & verify it works & saves the weeks of returned paymasters & shipping.

Then there's Ebay & Amazon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every time I plug my usb cable in 2010 Kia Forte, it says reading error. Does anybody have a Solution for this please let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts