1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the USB drive you purchased powered through the same USB port? According to the link, it has a Y cable USB which means it needs two USB ports, one for power other for data. If this is the case, then it will not work.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree with that, it sound like its not getting enough power from the Fortes USB port, also make sure that it it formatted FAT32. I have never had any issues with my 16GB USB stick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it doesent have enough power, .. the HD cable is in Y .. two USbs, but when i plug only one in my PC it works.. i dont need to plug both...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Format problem!

Maybe it doesent have enough power, .. the HD cable is in Y .. two USbs, but when i plug only one in my PC it works.. i dont need to plug both...
I'm pretty sure, that the problem, it's not power related, all USB Disks can use 2 USB or 1 (With 2 plugged at the same time, u'll get better performance).
It seems that the problem, it's that you can't put nothing formatted different from FAT32 on the Forte Audio unit, another problem is that fat32, has a 32gb limitation (I' m sure yours it's formatted with NTFS)
But there is a program that can do the magic and format it without the 32gb limitation (I also have a 2,5" usb disk in my forte, with full 120gb of music)
I'll live you the link, it's pretty easy to use, just remember that formatting will erase all of your Files (Make a back-up First).
I'm Sorry for my english but i'm from Argentina.
Fat32 formatter
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe
Hope this help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
another problem is that fat32, has a 32gb limitation (I' m sure yours it's formatted with NTFS)
Fat32 has a 2TB limitation with maximum file size 4GB.
Obviously an MP3 will not be 4GB (god help you if it is).
Format the Drive Fat32. Its simple to do and most OS will let you do it.
Try that, but if you can't hear the drive spin up; that points to there not being enough power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fat32 has a 2TB limitation with maximum file size 4GB.
Obviously an MP3 will not be 4GB (god help you if it is).
Format the Drive Fat32. Its simple to do and most OS will let you do it.
Try that, but if you can't hear the drive spin up; that points to there not being enough power.
Maraulth
I guess he is working on Windows Vista, or Windows Seven, by the way, in all Windows systems.
With the utility included in Windows to Format a drive, there's a 32gb limitation (It's a windows Problem, no the file system)
See here:
Convert a hard disk or partition to FAT32 format
Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey!!

Thanks a lot Guys!!! Not Its Working... Just one issue now!!

1º - Have more than 10.000 songs I want to copy all of them to my USB DRIVE ... But as I copied I noticed that the in the car system i can only go until song number 5000..

Is there a limitation on the number of songs That I can play in mycar?

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts