Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha All,
Yesterday while driving to work my music suddenly stopped to my surprise. I looked at the screen and my player showed like it was looking for a song and going through the list. Luckily I had a CD in the player and listened to Saraya the rest of the way. My player is stock from the factory by the way. After arriving to my working place, I tried another flash stick (I have several) and still no luck. After a couple of hours, I tried again and it worked. But driving home after work, it started again (dam!).
My Forte SX Koup is going in this Friday for it's first servicing. I hope this situation can be corrected. My USB lasted almost four months which I think is unacceptable in my opinion. Oh well, I guess it's best that it gave trouble now instead of after when the warranty expires,lol. I just love using this device, it saves time and space. Best Regards. RR:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Was it a USB cable that the dealers gave you or one of your own? The dealer did let me know that regular USBs shouldn't be used in the car because it can cause a few problems.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the fast response LIGHTS, I used the USB on the car dash under the radio. I read the manual and followed all the do's and don'ts. I was not advised by the dealer about this so I guess we will see what happens when I take it there. I will keep you posted on this. :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I had that happen twice now in 9 months. A radio restart had it recognizing it again.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good luck! At first, I thought the dealer was just trying to get me to spend more money ($40 for their USB cable) but I've noticed that a few people have been having their problems with their own USBs. I haven't heard any complaints from someone who has bought it from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I've had my usb drop out as well. Just as MFury said Retart the radio normally fixes it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are right hotrod, after a couple of hours it seems to reset itself :). And so far it's working fine, must have been a glitch or something. In any case I just love happy endings here :). Thank you all for your input, it's good to know I was not alone, best regards and Aloha :).

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea, mine didn't recognize my flash drive in the middle of a drive once, said no music on drive, or something similar.. Restarted the car, and that did the trick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not had the flash stick drop out, but occasionally when i start the car i find that all the preset radio stations have disappeared and i have to re-tune.

Also the cruise control dosn't work sometimes. Turn off the engine and re-starting usually sorts this out, but it is a pain.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Not had the flash stick drop out, but occasionally when i start the car i find that all the preset radio stations have disappeared and i have to re-tune.

Also the cruise control dosn't work sometimes. Turn off the engine and re-starting usually sorts this out, but it is a pain.
I have had my USB stick drop out on occaision, the next time I start it up everythings fine.

I have also had this issue with all the presets and settings gone at start up, but if you switch off and back on they return to normal. KIA ended up replacing the HU to reslove this problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts