Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored while I was waiting for the oil to drain when I was changing the oil yesterday. I wrote out the capacity (4.0 liters or 4.2 qts for the 2.0 btw) on the hood with a paint marker to make it easier to reference next time and got the idea to paint the letters on the boring black engine cover. It鈥檚 a small touch and something that I wouldn鈥檛 usually go out of the way to do, but since I had the markers right there and had to wait anyway I gave it a go. I think it came out well, and makes the engine bay look a little better, even if arts-and-crafts on the cover is kinda dumb in the grand scheme of things 馃槀

Also, I find it hilarious that Kia is bragging about 80s engine tech.

Registered
I got bored while I was waiting for the oil to drain when I was changing the oil yesterday. I wrote out the capacity (4.0 liters or 4.2 qts for the 2.0 btw) on the hood with a paint marker to make it easier to reference next time and got the idea to paint the letters on the boring black engine cover. It鈥檚 a small touch and something that I wouldn鈥檛 usually go out of the way to do, but since I had the markers right there and had to wait anyway I gave it a go. I think it came out well, and makes the engine bay look a little better, even if arts-and-crafts on the cover is kinda dumb in the grand scheme of things 馃槀
View attachment 83453
Also, I find it hilarious that Kia is bragging about 80s engine tech.

LOL! I think it would look better with the engine size on it: 2.0 L "Buttkicker"...馃榾

Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL! I think it would look better with the engine size on it: 2.0 L "Buttkicker"...馃榾
Haha. Passes nothing but the gas station. She isn鈥檛 fast, but it sure is fun with the manual and gets insane mileage, even with my somewhat aggressive driving.

Premium Member
Haha. Passes nothing but the gas station. She isn鈥檛 fast, but it sure is fun with the manual and gets insane mileage, even with my somewhat aggressive driving.
That is a bit weird with MT...
All MT cars I had I drove quite hard. Including 2015 Forte5 SX. Yet, all of them returned a decent fuel economy. The F5 could on highway give me 35-40 MPG when going 65-70 mph.
I tried the same thing with 2016 F5, but AT - no way to get above 30 mpg. And that is calculated MPG from refill on several occasions.

Enjoy the ride.

Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I get anywhere from 35-45 mpg depending on where and how I drive it. I do drive it pretty hard for the most part. It鈥檚 decently quick, but I鈥檓 used to my old Volvo with a turbo 5 cylinder and a manual so it doesn鈥檛 feel as fast. Still a lot of fun thanks to the short gearing though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts