Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!
Looking around I found tons of these wheels for sale in refurbished condition... I bought a set of dealer take-offs (non-recon) and I鈥檓 eagerly waiting.
I found out the reason why so many are available, there is a warranty issue with them peeling so they are piling up by the 100s at dealerships.

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
Looking around I found tons of these wheels for sale in refurbished condition... I bought a set of dealer take-offs (non-recon) and I鈥檓 eagerly waiting.
I found out the reason why so many are available, there is a warranty issue with them peeling so they are piling up by the 100s at dealerships.
Off to the power coating shop!

Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
View attachment 87351 They arrived today. Near mint condition, Im considering running them as-is in hopes this is the one set that won鈥檛 peel. Haha. Honestly I want to do the wheels in a medium graphite color.. not sure yet.
I鈥檇 run them. Then send them to get power coated if/when they start peeling

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update.. I test fit them and the edge of the rim is about .060 from the strut. No chance of fitting a tire unless I go narrow and stretch the heck out of it. Big surprise the Veloster N PP strut has an indentation in this area to clear the wheel. Another thing is the wheels advertise as a 19x8 but nowhere is there anything that measures 8鈥.. total width is over 9鈥 and the inside of the bead is almost 8.5... this does not stop me at all . I added ARP studs and circle track lug nuts in anticipation of running thin hubcentric wheel spacers. I like the wheels and I want them on my car damnit..
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update.. I test fit them and the edge of the rim is about .060 from the strut. No chance of fitting a tire unless I go narrow and stretch the heck out of it. Big surprise the Veloster N PP strut has an indentation in this area to clear the wheel. Another thing is the wheels advertise as a 19x8 but nowhere is there anything that measures 8鈥.. total width is over 9鈥 and the inside of the bead is almost 8.5... this does not stop me at all . I added ARP studs and circle track lug nuts in anticipation of running thin hubcentric wheel spacers. I like the wheels and I want them on my car damnit.. View attachment 87876
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
So I got this bright idea to install Veloster N 13.6 rotors and combine with the larger sonata n-line calipers with Veloster N cover plates.... which will now require mix matching brake hoses and some fancy machine work. ... (shit don鈥檛 line up) is it worth it? For me it will be worth the outcome because all the parts will be Hyundai/Kia and all the wear items will be available at any local dealer or parts house.. wrecking yard if desperate. I鈥檓 not a huge fan of being at the mercy of aftermarket companies.

Registered
Mercy of what?

The factory wheels are heavier especially the 19 inch wheel, if anything you are slowing down the car while the handling improvement is minimal for the work involved.

Adding the larger heavier brakes adds to the rotating mass overall again slowing down the car and not making the marked improvement you are looking for.

Seems to me your efforts are powered by cost, not being at the mercy of the aftermarket. You have access to warranty take-offs, dealer level discounts, etc, etc.

The aftermarket exist because for the OEM to do something similar they either have to buy the company that make the product or service customers demand or partner with a company to reduce cost to manufacture.

Also the aftermarket without overhead of the OEM can maneuver much quicker and bring things to market much faster.

I don't know what you paid for the take off wheels, but I am positive there is an stylish aftermarket option that weighs much less.

Same with a brake upgrade.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mercy of what?

The factory wheels are heavier especially the 19 inch wheel, if anything you are slowing down the car while the handling improvement is minimal for the work involved.

Adding the larger heavier brakes adds to the rotating mass overall again slowing down the car and not making the marked improvement you are looking for.

Seems to me your efforts are powered by cost, not being at the mercy of the aftermarket. You have access to warranty take-offs, dealer level discounts, etc, etc.

The aftermarket exist because for the OEM to do something similar they either have to buy the company that make the product or service customers demand or partner with a company to reduce cost to manufacture.

Also the aftermarket without overhead of the OEM can maneuver much quicker and bring things to market much faster.

I don't know what you paid for the take off wheels, but I am positive there is an stylish aftermarket option that weighs much less.

Same with a brake upgrade.
Yeah... you are one of those.... that鈥檚 fine. That鈥檚 the wheel I actually wanted.. since I saw them on a Veloster I had intentions of putting them on my car.. yes I know they are heavier. I knew that before I bought them. I have wanted to build this car using majority Kia/ Hyundai parts, not because of cost because I want to. I can tell by your response the type of 鈥 car guy鈥 you are... go fuck off on someone else鈥檚 discussion.

Registered
Yeah... you are one of those.... that鈥檚 fine. That鈥檚 the wheel I actually wanted.. since I saw them on a Veloster I had intentions of putting them on my car.. yes I know they are heavier. I knew that before I bought them. I have wanted to build this car using majority Kia/ Hyundai parts, not because of cost because I want to. I can tell by your response the type of 鈥 car guy鈥 you are... go fuck off on someone else鈥檚 discussion.
I didn't use that sort of language. Plus you are posting on a public forum.

Except for the wheels, the springs, Velossa Tech scoop, JB4, Water Methanol system, Bazooka tube and ummmm squeeze the car is OE.

So what kind of car guy am I bright eyes?

Fine you want a OE+ build, good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't use that sort of language. Plus you are posting on a public forum.

Except for the wheels, the springs, Velossa Tech scoop, JB4, Water Methanol system, Bazooka tube and ummmm squeeze the car is OE.

So what kind of car guy am I bright eyes?

Fine you want a OE+ build, good luck.
You are just a bunch of talk..

Registered
Just curious on how someone with a shitload of experience with his Forte GT that most others on here have yet to attempt (or even dare to do) is cock flopping?

You may not like how its being said by him and it doesn't line up with your narrative, but that doesn't make it wrong or cock flopping.

BTW, you sure you don't mean cock blocking? lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just curious on how someone with a shitload of experience with his Forte GT that most others on here have yet to attempt (or even dare to do) is cock flopping?

You may not like how its being said by him and it doesn't line up with your narrative, but that doesn't make it wrong or cock flopping.

BTW, you sure you don't mean cock blocking? lol
All I did was show the brake setup I鈥檓 doing and the wheels .. it鈥檚 the direction I wanted to go from the beginning . This idiot jumps in and tells me that my setup is bad and won鈥檛 perform as I hope.. I spend most of my time in traffic... it is not a track car.. I鈥檓 just having fun. He also notes that the reason for me using OEM parts is because it鈥檚 what I have access to and it鈥檚 all I can afford.
I know his type.. I have read his other posts and he鈥檚 a typical hater on a budget. The sad part is it鈥檚 a forte forum and we are all here for different reasons.. and we all seem to get along fine. But the majority of his posts consist of him mocking borderline insulting others cars while he prides his car... he鈥檚 full of useless info but it makes him feel better about himself. He must think the forte community needs the f&f 2001 version of vin diesel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts