Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know most people will probably not notice it but I will lol. I guess it's like an OCD thing. If the were the same size I'd order in a heart beat. Hopefully the aftermarket ones get updated soon lol. Thank you
I completely understand as I am very OCD myself. However as I mentioned, it is not noticeable once you replace the factory emblems. Again, put your newer forte side-by-side to an older one and the difference in the size of the OEM KIA emblems will be the exact same as the aftermarket emblems are. I doubt that any of the aftermarket emblem manufacturers will completely redesign all of the current size of emblems anytime soon...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Updated my emblems and here are some pics. The weather was really cold when I did it - I think it was 67 degrees!! (actually, can everybody in the cold parts of the country/continent send us your excess snow - we need the water!)
As a side note, it is a little smaller than the original - be careful to center it and it will look perfect.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Updated my emblems and here are some pics. The weather was really cold when I did it - I think it was 67 degrees!! (actually, can everybody in the cold parts of the country/continent send us your excess snow - we need the water!)
Awesome pics, thank you so much for sharing. Very nice work!

As a side note, it is a little smaller than the original - be careful to center it and it will look perfect.
Yes this is correct, we directly address in the post right before yours #21. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks nice. I love the front of your car. Gah! I wish the sedan had that look. It's so freaking nice! Especially in our color... Sorry to jack the thread lol.

The back emblem looks pretty good. That one I'll admit I can't tell the difference in size as much as the front one.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks nice. I love the front of your car. Gah! I wish the sedan had that look. It's so freaking nice! Especially in our color... Sorry to jack the thread lol.

The back emblem looks pretty good. That one I'll admit I can't tell the difference in size as much as the front one.
Here is another customer who sent over pics of these installed on their ride:

·
Registered
162 Posts
What exactly are the broken k badges? Where are they from and who made them?

I thought I heard someone say that the broken k badges are the kia badges used in Korea. I went by that story for a while until I realized something was wrong.

If these are the badges used in Korea, we could easily buy the genuine Kia versions and have them shipped to us but the only ones we have access to are aftermarket badges. If these are the Kia badges used in Korea, we should also have access to the perfectly sized ones that matches the emblem holes on our cars, but instead only slightly small ones are available to us.

So, I ask you all again. What is the broken K badge?

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What exactly are the broken k badges? Where are they from and who made them?

I thought I heard someone say that the broken k badges are the kia badges used in Korea. I went by that story for a while until I realized something was wrong.

If these are the badges used in Korea, we could easily buy the genuine Kia versions and have them shipped to us but the only ones we have access to are aftermarket badges. If these are the Kia badges used in Korea, we should also have access to the perfectly sized ones that matches the emblem holes on our cars, but instead only slightly small ones are available to us.

So, I ask you all again. What is the broken K badge?
This is a great question, and we are glad you asked.

Actually you were close in what you were thinking about where the emblems came from.

This should help to clear up any confusion: http://www.logodesignbuzz.com/logoblog/kia-logo-design-history/

In Korea, Kia uses the Kia emblem on all of their vehicles. Only the K3, K5 & K7 lettering is on the trunk though as they do not go by Forte, Optima, Cadenza and so on.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
249 Posts
looks pretty damn good man! The new forte5's are really nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The 4th line of my response above yours directly addresses that.

Korea uses the KIA emblem on their vehicles.
I was double checking in case of a typo because... If na uses kia emblem and Korea uses kia emblem, then who uses the broken k emblem?

So are you saying the broken k emblems were introduced but kia never really took the next steps of implementing it into their cars?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was double checking in case of a typo because... If na uses kia emblem and Korea uses kia emblem, then who uses the broken k emblem?

So are you saying the broken k emblems were introduced but kia never really took the next steps of implementing it into their cars?
The Broken K emblem is used only as a aftermarket badge. No production Kia vehicle anywhere in the world comes with Broken K's stock. The K badges many use today were inspired from an old Kia Motors logo.

http://car-logos.50webs.com/logo/kia/kia4.gif

The Kia emblem is not changing for the foreseeable future and with nearly 100% certainty sure has no intention of implementing K emblems officially, ever.

Reactions: Fantality

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
looks pretty damn good man! The new forte5's are really nice.
Thanks, we love them too!

No problem, the answer below nails it!

The Broken K emblem is used only as a aftermarket badge. No production Kia vehicle anywhere in the world comes with Broken K's stock. The K badges many use today were inspired from an old Kia Motors logo.

http://car-logos.50webs.com/logo/kia/kia4.gif

The Kia emblem is not changing for the foreseeable future and with nearly 100% certainty sure has no intention of implementing K emblems officially, ever.
Thank you for answering this, this is correct.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those CF black edition emblems are hot! I'm gonna have to consider them to complement the Snow White Pearl on my '15 Forte5!

·
Registered
110 Posts
is there a 'white edition'?

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Those CF black edition emblems are hot! I'm gonna have to consider them to complement the Snow White Pearl on my '15 Forte5!
Yeah they definitely are! These are what I'll soon be putting on my ride as well.

is there a 'white edition'?
Not at this time. However we are working on adding different colored vinyl inserts to the site. So even if you order now in black or any other color, you'll be able to order the inserts in the future to change the color.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Installed a 3 pack of the 3.0 Black Edition Emblems on my 2011 Forte Koup.

Front:

Rear:

Steering Wheel:

I definitely recommend these for anyone wanting to set their car apart. Very cool styles to pick from and easy to install.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts