Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, tinted my tails over the weekend, I used VHT Niteshades. A little bit of fine wet sanding, and a few coats of VHT. They are not blacked out, I wanted to go for a nice "dark cherry" look. I think they turned out nice, and a pretty easy process....

BW

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Diggin It :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks slick! Good Job!!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
wow, that looks really sharp!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Film will come off, the VHT nightshades will not. Thanks guys, I think it looks sweet too. I was on the fence for quite a while about this too.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
where do you get the VHT nightshade stuff? ive been wanting to do mine as well. did you take the lights out from the car and spray them?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where do you get the VHT nightshade stuff? ive been wanting to do mine as well. did you take the lights out from the car and spray them?

I got it at Canadian Tire, I just went on the VHT website and looked for local dealers. I did take them out, did a little bit of a wet sand with 2000 grit and a little pit of palmolive dish soap just to take the shine off, the a few very light coats of the VHT. I would recommend a few coats of clear as well. I will get around to it soon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Been wanting to do this for a couple weeks now. Wasn't sure how it would turn out, but after seeing another silver car done I think I will put it on my to do list for the
weekend. Looks pretty slick and not overdone. I LIKE.

·
Registered
644 Posts
One more thing what % is that like 13%. I don't wanna black mine either.
Just keep coating it until it's as dark as you want it. It's a spray, no real % to it, just depends how much you put on. Best bet would probably be to let it dry a bit in between coats til you get it how dark you want it

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey Jsincere, can u tell me where u got your tint film from and how much it was? Cuz I've been thinking about doing this but I wanted something that I could have the option of taking off. How easy was it to apply?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I got mine tinted as well. In the Toronto area by a company called Shinzo Werks. So far everyone that has seen them loves the look. I also LED all my lights to complete the look.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got mine tinted as well. In the Toronto area by a company called Shinzo Werks. So far everyone that has seen them loves the look. I also LED all my lights to complete the look.

Did you tint the clear parts in the tails?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@blackwatch: yes the whole lens is tinted, thats why I replaced the bulbs inside with LEDs. They look very similar to JSINCERE's pics.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.