Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my turbokits cold air intake yesterday, and everything went just fine, however im not too sure the ecu bracket went on right? look at the video below to see what I mean. Any answers greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you use the rubber bushing in the stock air box? mine did that too but i forgot that part.
yup, did that. I mean, the ecu isn't going anywhere.... its bolted down by the back, and the front part of the ecu bracket is attached with that other rubber piece. I don' think it will fall off, but it does sway left to right when you move it. Just feels werid :/

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
did you push down on the bracket so the "prong" goes into the bushing on the bottom part of the bracket? the one closest to the battery. maybe its not in all the way? can you pull it up off of it?

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you push down on the bracket so the "prong" goes into the bushing on the bottom part of the bracket? the one closest to the battery. maybe its not in all the way? can you pull it up off of it?
yup, I did that too. the little domed prong piece goes into the bottom part of the bracket... maybe tomorrow I will do a more detailed video showing everything and the connections.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I thought the same thing when installing my CAI and couldn't figure out how to fix it so I zip tied it to surrounding metal and i definitely feel better about it and its not an eye soar

·
Registered
148 Posts
yup, I did that too. the little domed prong piece goes into the bottom part of the bracket... maybe tomorrow I will do a more detailed video showing everything and the connections.
I had the exact same problem, its kinda in there but you can wiggle it. I stopped caring about it, its not going anywhere or isn't damaging the ECU in anyway. And I did it the way it was suppose to be.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the same thing when installing my CAI and couldn't figure out how to fix it so I zip tied it to surrounding metal and i definitely feel better about it and its not an eye soar
actually, that's not a bad idea! I have some black zip ties, I think I'll fix it tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea you can just cut the long ends of them off and especially with black ties, you will barely be able to see them. Mine is very secure with my zip ties. Glad to help!

·
Registered
427 Posts
its fine if it moves. i think that actually helps the ecu from taking shock as much. Mine does the same thing, dont worry.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, we have 1000s of miles racked up and no issues thus far :)

Oh, make sure you removed the metal rod in the rubber grommet, that will stop the rubber from squeezing down properly.
Thanks for the reassurance, and thanks for the bad ass intake, I love it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote from Turbokits..."Yeah, we have 1000s of miles racked up and no issues thus far :)"

This has to be the worst mounting setup I have ever seen. You might as well hang it from a string. Shame on you Turbokits for a poor "upgrade" package!!! And you smile about it? Can you imagine how the CPU flops around and eventually the connections get stressed.

FYI: It doesn't HELP absorb shock being loose like that in the video or they would have designed it that way. Maybe with little shock absorbers!

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
If anyone is not comfortable with the mount, they can opt to leave their stock airbox in place or they can add some zip ties.

Quote from Turbokits..."Yeah, we have 1000s of miles racked up and no issues thus far :)"

This has to be the worst mounting setup I have ever seen. You might as well hang it from a string. Shame on you Turbokits for a poor "upgrade" package!!! And you smile about it? Can you imagine how the CPU flops around and eventually the connections get stressed.

FYI: It doesn't HELP absorb shock being loose like that in the video or they would have designed it that way. Maybe with little shock absorbers!

·
Registered
148 Posts

It doesn't really matter if its secure tightly or if its a little lose. Its not going anywhere, unless you take your forte 4x4ing then I don't see a problem. I agree it could be MORE secure but we live in america nothings perfect ;)

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
You can crank that bolt down on the back side of the bracket and ti will tighten things up. The one on our Forte doesn't move 10th that easy. Or like others you can add some zip ties. Or even leave the factory air box. Lets not lose sight of the reason the ECU bracket is even used and that is the Best CAI on the Market! :)

It doesn't really matter if its secure tightly or if its a little lose. Its not going anywhere, unless you take your forte 4x4ing then I don't see a problem. I agree it could be MORE secure but we live in america nothings perfect ;)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
What I've done is to throw away the stock rubber bushing and I put 2 big rubber washer squease with normal metal washer! It's pretty tight now!

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
I checked out the one we have on our Forte here and it is very tight. I think you just need to crank down on the rubber grommet more.

I installed my turbokits cold air intake yesterday, and everything went just fine, however im not too sure the ecu bracket went on right? look at the video below to see what I mean. Any answers greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
318 Posts
mines tight... i havent even worried about it at all. i just went out to my car to check it and it hardly moves. i like the way how tk made the bracket its small and out of the way. granted it does seem like crap but it damn sure gets the job done and if i made one it would be all that different. so i say thank you tk for putting the time in for making everything needed for this cai for our cars and being so helpful with everything for us

1 - 20 of 20 Posts