Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a monitor in my car. Ive been trying to think of the best thing for me but I don't know what to do. I was hoping someone here could help out since It seems every stereo shop in southern California is ran by condescending jerkoffs that don't know how to answer questions.

I'm not going to be changing out the stock head unit. I also want the monitor upfront so head rest deal inst going to work.

Its come down to 2 option (unless someone has a better idea).

1) Sunvisor - Will need two inputs (phone a/v output & reverse camera) and a mirror still on it to see the kids in the back. But how do I know what will fit on the forte. Website pics and info suck.

2) This thing

Kia Forte Dash Monitor Surround Kit

But what monitor do you get for it. I have nav on my phone and my phone has a/v output so again, i just need a monitor with 2 ins. Any ideas?

I hate dealing the hassle. I'm trying to just throw money at the problem to get what i want but i cant find a store around here that is willing to answer questions to make a sell and take my money. Weird right

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I want a monitor in my car. Ive been trying to think of the best thing for me but I don't know what to do. I was hoping someone here could help out since It seems every stereo shop in southern California is ran by condescending jerkoffs that don't know how to answer questions.

I'm not going to be changing out the stock head unit. I also want the monitor upfront so head rest deal inst going to work.

Its come down to 2 option (unless someone has a better idea).

1) Sunvisor - Will need two inputs (phone a/v output & reverse camera) and a mirror still on it to see the kids in the back. But how do I know what will fit on the forte. Website pics and info suck.

2) This thing

Kia Forte Dash Monitor Surround Kit

But what monitor do you get for it. I have nav on my phone and my phone has a/v output so again, i just need a monitor with 2 ins. Any ideas?

I hate dealing the hassle. I'm trying to just throw money at the problem to get what i want but i cant find a store around here that is willing to answer questions to make a sell and take my money. Weird right
One of the members on here has used the Dash Monitor Surround very succesfully. Check out is post here: http://www.forteforums.com/forums/koup-audio-video-electronics/1348-above-dash-gps-installed.html
I'm sure he'd help you with any questions you have.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts