Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive uploaded it on youtube at the moment, this is my first videos on youtube and capted with the iphone so be comprehensive about the quality :p

its just to give you an idea of the sound its make without any cold air intake

but with a 2 ''1/4 line without resonator and still the stocks catalysts
its also have a dynomax superturbo muffler on it.

its not a deep tone its more like a smooth tone without vibrations Ill let you heart it and talk about that but the video was filmed at the morning at cold and the car running since like 10mins only so you can heart a lot of crackling etc.. :p

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sounds good but I think I would have picked a different road to do my testing on. Kinda fast for a 2 lane road with all those houses!!!!!

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got it. 80 kms is like 50 MPH. In my area that would be a 40 kms or 25 MPH!!! if you make it to the stated be aware!

actually im really close to the us border ,NY area but Ive seen the video again and its really look like a tiny road ,but its wasn't its so much bumpy (quebec roads) but ...to compare in the NY area this kind of roads are 55mph or 45mph road

·
Registered
289 Posts

There I singlehandedly ended the $0.02 idiom... He knew what he was doing, no need for people to point it out.
no need to get crappy. I was just making an observation. Never told him he was driving like a Jack ass. WOW!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
no need to get crappy. I was just making an observation. Never told him he was driving like a Jack ass. WOW!!!!!!!!
Just hate that phrase... "my 2 cents"... doesnt mean anything. you are giving an opinion anyway regardless of that phrase..

·
Registered
289 Posts
wasn't trying to steal your thunder or your thread MathSmart. I think it sounds awesome!!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
You should try to take DB readings if you can from inside the car, it sounds a lot better around the high rpm. Great job overall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds good, but I for one am not a fan of turbo mufflers. I had an '05 Neon with a pretty much stock 2.0 SOHC with a cold-air intake and a 2.25" exhaust with a Thrush glasspack after the cat, and nothing else. IMO, it was the best-sounding 4cylinder I've ever heard. Might wanna look into that if you're not completely satisfied with the sound.

Also, I'd recommend you have a friend take a video from outside the car while you do a few drive-bys.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Sounds good and the scenery was beautiful. I to would love to hear it from the outside. You said you do not have a CAI? It sure sounded like you do have one. Sounds good!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.