Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okays, it took me about 6.5 hours to lay out and apply, and it's only about 99% good. That remaining 1% with air bubbles looks hideous when the light is just right.

I tried the two application methods: Dry on one full door panel, and on both of the rear tails after the rear doors. Wet on 3 panels and the front fenders.

Lessons learned: Spray the water/detergent mix on both the car surface and the vinyl backside. Don't use too much detergent. The excess water really displaces air bubbles well while using the sqweegee. Pay attention! A co-worker came in the shop unexpectedly, scaring the crap out of me, and I dropped the vinyl as I was getting ready to apply it. I took time to unstick the vinyl from itself and the car surface got too dry causing air bubbles over large area. I also got to talking with him and wasnt paying attention as I applied the vinyl resulting in more air bubbles.

Cost with shipping: Vinyl for both sides $73 US. So, I can remove it in six months without feeling the burn.

Results:




 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
looks great plenty of soap water is the best no bubbles and it will dry
removal is almost a nitemare and if it cures on car in sun it will be really hard I had to remove one section on front under bumper and it took hours. but it makes the car look so good
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top