Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought my Koup, I've wanted to put stripes on her. So I went and did it last weekend. Bought the stripes on Ebay and and had them posted out to down under. I reckon I have a few extra gray hairs now as it's a job I have never done before. I'm not sure I would do it again...but here she is and I think she looks hot!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks hawt - and adds a different look to the koup. I love the outside trim line, really sets off the thick rally stripe.

These are easy to take off but can leave a ghosting in the paint depending on how long you leave it on and how well you take care of the rest of the finish.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Sorry, I don't like them. Stripes like this belong on muscle cars. But it seems like a lot of other people and you like 'em so enjoy!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
when I had my koup I was going to do something like this too..
looks good.

But the thoughts of subtle style are like my own and what kept me from doing these..
as I said before it does look good ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks hawt - and adds a different look to the koup. I love the outside trim line, really sets off the thick rally stripe.

These are easy to take off but can leave a ghosting in the paint depending on how long you leave it on and how well you take care of the rest of the finish.
+1 on the ghosting
+1 on the different look.

I've considered these same stripes for my Copperhead Koup as well....couldn't decide on gloss/flat black if i was gonna do it.

Sorry, I don't like them. Stripes like this belong on muscle cars. But it seems like a lot of other people and you like 'em so enjoy!
But the thoughts of subtle style are like my own and what kept me from doing these..
as I said before it does look good ;)
Subtle and Rainy have a point, but also, it's about what we each like as well. I do respect the "Muscle Cars Look Good In Stripes" but I think that's because the 'Stangs are the ones (I think) that started the look. LoL.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Mini Coopers are famous for having pin stripes and they're not muscle cars, probably the furthest thing from them.

The stripes on the Koup look great. Please go further with the modifications, the red and black theme on your Koup is really going to look great.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I think the smart car is slightly further from a muscle car than a mini cooper... lol
Hey there's a turbo charged smart car in my town lol, it's fast.. Really fast.. Haha but you know what I mean :p

Pinstripes aren't only for muscle cars, iconic cars such as the Mini Cooper have sported them for a long time.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Speaking of smart cars....

Smart Car with a hayabusa engine

Now this is a muscle car....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mini Coopers are famous for having pin stripes and they're not muscle cars, probably the furthest thing from them.
QUOTE]
I think the smart car is slightly further from a muscle car than a mini cooper... lol
To say that a Mini is the farthest thing from a Muscle Car...well, maybe in the "literal" sense.....but in case you haven't heard. The Mini-Cooper S with the JCW (John Cooper Works) package....is very capable of beating some muscle cars.

The cost is about $6k more than the Mini Cooper S. 147 mph top speed. 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. Not bad for a 1.6L producing 208 hp. All in a car that weighs in at just over 2,600 pounds.

I know, I know.....not everyone's cup of tea!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
looks good! gets me thinking of possibly mine also

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Pinstripes aren't only for muscle cars, iconic cars such as the Mini Cooper have sported them for a long time.
I also do not like them on Mini Coopers, although I think I just don't like them in general. But if I had a gun to my head and had to put stripes on a car, it would be a Camaro, Mustang or Viper.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I don't wanna steal OP's thread but Mini Coopers are in my opinion chick cars. Except for the Mini Cooper Bully. If I had the money and one was available for me to purchase brand new I would seriously consider buying one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Stripes in general were connected with racing cars, not just muscle cars. That is why so many mini's have them. Mini's have a deep history of podium finishes at the track, and still do. Not a chick car-leave that to the Nissan altimas lol

2,213 Posts
mini cooper beating an american muscle car?? you do realize when they say american muscle, theyre talking about big block V8's right? not the cheap man V6's!

mini cooper VS 67 shelby GT500!! lmao

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.