Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're like me, you can't stand, nor need the "Neon yellow child restraint warning decal" on your nice black visors. If so, do like I did and remove them. See how nice it looks afterwards. If you want to do it yourself, here's what you need to do. Remove visors, very easy, 1 Phillips screw each. It's much easier to do this on a clean work bench the above your head. Get some Q-tips, Acetone (nail polish remover is basically Acetone), but I prefer to get the good stuff. Microfiber towels and latex gloves. Dip a Q-tip into the acetone, then touch it with the towel to remove excess then apply using a inward motion from a corner towards the center of the decal, repeat until you are able to pinch the corner of the decal in your fingers. Then you can apply a slight pulling force as you wipe a little acetone between the decal and visor. It will come off a little at a time, but it will come off. Good luck
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Netbook Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Netbook Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isn't any discoloration but it will appear slightly smoother at first corner you choose to work on, especially if you use pressure instead of allowing the acetone to dissolve the adhesive. ( I applied to much pressure on one. So don't be like me, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts