Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about getting vortex genrators but i was a bit wary as to what it might do to the paint, if i decided to take them off later on. have any of you done this and has it damaged the paint?

i know a few of you have put it on the glass but i think it looks better on the roof itself

thanks

·
Banned
203 Posts
I have them on my roof roof, and There held on with 3m adhesive, can take off with a heatgun or hairdryer, I see you have black, looks best on black trust me, looks like it's naturally on the car. Took me about 10 minutes to put on, make sure the spot your putting them in, is clean and make sure you space them out evenly, put them up there and measure and everything to make sure there perfect , hope that helps :)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
What is the purpose? Looks?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot black forte koup

and yeah its primarily for looks. it says that it increases speed and mpg and whatnot but its mainly looks. some members even said it helped with clearing rain drops off the back window

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I looked it up on Wikipedia, and sounds like there are aerodynamic advantages, but mostly if you have a wing/spoiler.
I think they would look good on my Kopperhead if paint matched.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I got it on mines looks good actually

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I bought these on eBay a while ago and didn't like them on my silver koup. Wanted to sell them if anyone is interested. There in a ziploc cuz of the packaging was impossible to re-do. So if anyone wants pretty cheap vortex generators, you can PM me.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Yea I think it's a scam, I have them just for looks but I know $20 plastic 1"inch fins army going to give me better gas Milage hahaha

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
it DOES help with aerodynamics. the fact that the rain runs off my rear window now, when before it didnt, is pretty solid proof it has its benefits. now, does it help with speed? If you mated a bull dog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit? NO it wont help with speed. gas mileage... im not as fast to denounce that one lol i drove to garland TX back in the summer for a meet(5hrs one way) and i avg 37mpg the whole way up there going, on the spedo, 75 and coming back i avg roughly the same with the cruise set on the same speed. now, ive noticed that my spedo is about 2 or 3 mpg faster than what im actually going so i was closer to 70 than 75 probably

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Two words. Placebo effect.

Unless anyone here finds the time to get a wind tunnel any claims on MPG and speed cannot be verified. Ultimately you're getting them for looks not for performance gains.

To answer OP's question, if they're held in by a type of glue you can always use a heat gun to remove the vortex generators. It would be strongly encouraged to wax the area before you apply the items.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts