Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No its not a high tech, scifi engine for the Koup...although I wish it was :p Its the roof spikes Mitsubishi puts on its Lancer Evo. I was wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible to add these to our own Forte roofs.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They allow the car to remain more stable during high speeds and gives it a meaner look, in my opinion.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ok. As long as you're aware, Mitsubishi installed them to stablize the air coming over the roof so more of it would be directed to the top of the spoiler. So unless you're planning to install a 2-story high spoiler like on the Evo and drive 120+ mph on a regular basis, they won't do anything for performance.

·
Registered
486 Posts
my budy has a evo 9 I will measure it tonight and tell you if the roof is same width. My guess is you will have to mod it. ie cut it

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I've never heard of or noticed those before, but I think they look pretty badass! I'd love to see photos of them on a Forte or Koup.

·
Registered
486 Posts
ok ... so I measured his roof and a vortex generator from the evo will not fit. Another thing I noticed is that his was very rigid. So getting it to flex to the right curvature would be rough. Finally the real show stopper, which I wasn't sure was the case with all the evo models until I got home and did some research, is that the antenna is incorporated into the VG. So if you tried to make it work with our antenna it would sit too far up on the roof. So it looks like a no go without serious work... that being said.. I did find these.. Might be an option for you.

Vortex Generator Spoiler Fins - Mitsubishi Lancer EVO : eBay Motors (item 260512491898 end time Mar-24-10 14:20:57 PDT)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts