Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the gear Knob on my Forte Sedan 5 speed has anyone changed theirs ? It's hard to find any on the net

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I've been looking myself. The one Kia sells carbon fiber shifter knob is 235$$$$. Which is insane. One of dealers in the US has one on eBay for around that price which is absurd IMO. Anyway if you find a nice
replacement that works with the lock post it

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can use almost any knob on the automatics and they are simple to change...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That one doesn't support the reverse lock and if it did you would have a fun time getting your fingers to reach the reverse tab. :p

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Where's the pic?? You know it would be the first thing asked... :)
Does it have metal threads or teflon like the factory one?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Where's the pic?? You know it would be the first thing asked... :)
Does it have metal threads or teflon like the factory one?
I know I know.. i was being lazy.. lol.. just ran out and took some pics.

the threads are metal.

Here are a couple different shots.. the first one is with the flash so thats why the odd color.

Looks great, especially under the LEDs in the cabin of my sx.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Sweet, I think I'll get that one too. Needed one with metal threads so I can put it on tight so it doesn't loosen on a fast shift. Factory uses plastic/teflon threads.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Did yours come with both stickers? Or do you have to ask for the SystemRacing one?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Well I just got it and so far impressed. Has a good weight to it as well. Just need a decal which i plan onaking a custom one since the pattern is wrong. The colors are a good match for my interior as well.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Did yours come with both stickers? Or do you have to ask for the Seoulful racing one?
saw this after my post. .. Mine only came with the 6sp decal bit again, wrong pattern. It has R on the bottom right rather than the correct location for the sx. I'm sure if you email them and ask the might have a correct one. Not sure.

I found a thread on another site to male custom ones fairly easily and for around $5 - $10 each which I'm gonna try

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
how do i know if it works with the Reverse lock?
Are you talking about the one I bought or all shift knobs in general?

If you are talking about mine, well you know it works because I have it and tested it and it works per my posts in this thread.

If you are talking about ANY knob in general, you can do what I did and email the company / seller and ask them.

Souelfulracing was very helpful

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I just ordered mine last night and they sent me an e-mail a couple hours later that they have shipped it. Damn they are fast. I had to specially request (in the additional notes box) the System Racing emblem since the only choice you have in the ordering menu is 6 speed and you can't leave that blank or it won't process.

From all of the knobs on their site it looks like only this model supports the reverse lock, at this time anyways.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts