Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking to get the ark performance exhaust and love the sound without the test pipe, i have been trying to find a video of this exhaust while in the interior to see how loud it is while accelerating and just cruising, see if it drones and so on. But i am convinced one is not out there. So if there is anyone who has one i was wondering if they would be willing to put up a video of it. It would be greatly appreciated! Also if anyone has any answers to my questions that would be awesome!
Thanks guy! :)
Or if anyone has the video of the inside with the SXR Axle back exhaust!

·
Registered
733 Posts
its sound like a 93 civic with rattles , alot raspy and high tone
Ya its really raspy and high toned with the test pipe, with out it its ok

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Give me two minutes and ill go record a video of it with windows up and down. just got it on today and it sounds pretty good, a little louder than id have liked but a nice clean sound without the terrible "WEEEEE" sound of the cans on the back of other cars.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Give me two minutes and ill go record a video of it with windows up and down. just got it on today and it sounds pretty good, a little louder than id have liked but a nice clean sound without the terrible "WEEEEE" sound of the cans on the back of other cars.
Sweet! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hey charlie forte, go to YouTube and search xray07067. That is my "channel" and that will have 4 clips of how it sounds inside.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey charlie forte, go to YouTube and search xray07067. That is my "channel" and that will have 4 clips of how it sounds inside.
Thank you SO MUCH!! Thats exactly what i wanted! Sounds great by the way, i defiantly think I'm going to do it now, Notice any change in the feel or power?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
A little bit of a change in power, but what I really noticed is when shifting, the car seems to hold power better. When I used to shift it felt like the car would "fall" but now it seems like the power is more consistent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A little bit of a change in power, but what I really noticed is when shifting, the car seems to hold power better. When I used to shift it felt like the car would "fall" but now it seems like the power is more consistent.

On a scale 1-10, 10 being the highest what would you rate the ARK exhaust? I'm interested in their exhaust for my koup.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
On a scale 1-10, 10 being the highest what would you rate the ARK exhaust? I'm interested in their exhaust for my koup.
Hmmm a 1-10 scale. I don't know there are things I like about it and this that I don't. I like how well made it is, all welds are clean and neat. It has a noticeable power increase and the sound is clean, no tin sound or high pitch wee. But the sound it very loud, and that sort of bothers me. The thing that bothers me the most is how low it hangs, but that can be adjusted, which I plan on doing, so out of 10 I'd say a 7 on a bad day and a 9 on a good day.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Xray, with or without test pipe?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The ARK exhaust sounds nice inside. But to really get a beautious noise, throw it on with a HFC. It sounds fantastic!!!!! It is loud, yes, but has a rich, deep racing tone to it above 4k. With normal driving, it's amazingly docile, almost too quiet for me. And that's with RRM's MRI intake as well. During normal 3-3.5k cruising, it has a nice and noticeable mellow tone, but nothing I would call intrusive. It sounds goooooood:) Power pickup is immediately noticeable, I love it!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
For me, 8-10 easily. I would recommend getting urethane hangers when you mount it (as I just did), but I love mine :)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Agreed. It also greatly increases the responsiveness of the car overall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.