Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a lot of research but to no help. I am looking to see what all I will need to add a turbo to my stock 2.0 Forte. I have already looked into a turbo from TurboKitz.com and that is more than likely what I will be going with. I also will be getting their Cold Air Intake and their CatBack exhaust system they offer.

My question is, What engine components if any will I need to upgrade to provide the engine enough fuel and air for the addition of a turbo? Where would I be able to look and purchase such parts? And How would I go about doing the work?

I am loving my current car but I really want to have boost in my car, I have already upgraded my suspension with GodSpeed Coilovers front and back. I just want to continue making this car a car I can enjoy for the next few years until I can buy something new. All advice and help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Which do you have? A 2.0L Koup or an SX Koup? I think you need to do some more research and figure out which you have before you start adding a turbo. All US 1st gen SX Fortes (Koup, sedan and hatchback) have the 2.4L 4-cylinder. The 2.0L 4-cylinder was only in the LX and EX models. So of you have a 2.0L engine, its not an SX. If it is an SX then it has the 2.4L. And if either of those cases are not true, then it's not "stock" and someone swapped engines on you.

Unless you know what you're doing, Id suggest selling the 2011 and buying a 2nd gen SX Koup that's already turbocharged from the factory. But that's just me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which do you have? A 2.0L Koup or an SX Koup? I think you need to do some more research and figure out which you have before you start adding a turbo. All US 1st gen SX Fortes (Koup, sedan and hatchback) have the 2.4L 4-cylinder. The 2.0L 4-cylinder was only in the LX and EX models. So of you have a 2.0L engine, its not an SX. If it is an SX then it has the 2.4L. And if either of those cases are not true, then it's not "stock" and someone swapped engines on you.

Unless you know what you're doing, Id suggest selling the 2011 and buying a 2nd gen SX Koup that's already turbocharged from the factory. But that's just me.
It is the 2.4l 16 DOHC 2011 Kia Forte Koup sx. I just pulled my vin again. I was confused lol. I would buy the 2nd gen but i very much prefer the body styling of the 1st gen. No engine swap has been done to this vehicle and it is the 4 cylinder. This one did not come stock turbo charged but I want to do that to this. I know that if I run low boost there shouldn't be any problems with the stock engine, however my goal is to try to push around 10 pounds.

·
Site Sponsor
1,791 Posts
Let us know if you have any questions. We developed the kit on a bone stock 2.4L SX and have sold quite a few kits with great results. Thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts
It is the 2.4l 16 DOHC 2011 Kia Forte Koup sx. I just pulled my vin again. I was confused lol. I would buy the 2nd gen but i very much prefer the body styling of the 1st gen.
I happen to agree with you. I prefer the 1st gen as well

I'd suggest the kit referenced above by TurboKits.com who is a site sponsor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts