Kia Forte Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hey there people....i've been testing the limits of the car lately (Forte Sedan 2.0 153Hp MANUAL....not pussy ass automatic)...and i got 2 surprises going on the higway...actually one of them kinda dissapointed me in certain way.

The nice surpise is that actually i could reach 210km/h with no efforts (just the last 10km/h). --- IM FROM ARGENTINA, AND I HAVE NO DAMN IDEA ABOUT CONVERTING MILES INTO KM....IF MY PRIMARY SCHOOLARSHIP WAS IN THE RIGHT THING...I THING THAT 210KM/H WOULD BE AROUND 140M/H...DO YOUR OWN MATH NUMBERS GET MY NERVS ---- i hate imperial system jajaj.

ok....back to the tale
the DISSAPONTING surprise iss that.....between 190km/h and the "top speed" (i think it would actually go a litle further)....i noticed a noise in the drivers window...like a really anoying and strong whistle!! like a damn flute!
my first tought was "fuckkkkk i just blew the hell out of my speakers with a month of use"....but then i realized it was the damn window...and when i put some pressure on it with my arm it stops doing it....when i release the presure it comes back the god damned orchesta of flutes!

i think its an aerodinamic issue....donnow....kinda frustrating....anyone has ever noticed something like that? its the only "problem" i noticed related to aerodynamics......:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you mean the speed limits....is 110 km/h....its a highway....nobody respects this....not even the highway employees jajaja you can see a tour bus going around 120 over there....and by night when the traffic its almost out....its the fucking Autobhan jajajjaj

·
Registered
48 Posts
when at high speeds ive never really noticed the whistling noise personally. i normally have music up, but never a whistling noise. just the normal wind rushing by. any ideas what might cause the window to make that noise?

@wingzero. your comment wasnt really needed. if your just going to call him a moron you should take it else where. the thread isnt about the speed limit or his inteligence. so calling him a moron for not obeying the speed limit is completely off topic and uncalled for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've done around 120mph several times without any whistling noise. perhaps you've gotta check the seals around windows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wingzero.....if you dissagree about any point of the discussion...dont post anything...ok? you dont know where i live....or what i do...so dont judge...
if you wanna become policeman youre welcome to enlist yourself....if not....f$%&/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
coastiekoup......i listen to mosuci everyday and in high volume.....so....im a litlte deaf LOL.....but i hear the noise like hell!! over the music-...so donnow what would be...i think i will check it with the dealear one of these days...

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
This thread = fail. Problem with a car under warranty? Go to the dealership, problem fixed.

And you were close to your KM/H to MPH conversion. 210 KM/H is actually 130 MPH. But I'm sure you don't care...

I'm being a dick because your first post just rubbed me the wrong way.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
This thread = fail. Problem with a car under warranty? Go to the dealership, problem fixed.

And you were close to your KM/H to MPH conversion. 210 KM/H is actually 130 MPH. But I'm sure you don't care...

Ditto!

·
Registered
130 Posts
A. he never call him a moron.
B. doing over 100k/m over the speed limit stupid and dangerous anywhere you live.
C. you may have a seal problem. take it to the dealership. have it fixed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok....lets get some things straight.....
first of all....I NEVER SAID THAT IM DOING SOMETHING LEGAL NOR THAT MY ACTS ARE RIGHT....i just exposed a situation that here in my country you can see every day....
on the other hand.....i think that is a FAIL to judge someone you dont know just because you have the feeling that it bothers you and you dont even know why....if you dont like it...DONT COMMENT...PERIOD...as simple as that...lets use our time to do something productive than arguing this things (me included....).
i also thank you SubtleStyle for the conversion correction....really...and yes i dont care about it...i dont use your metric sistem i dont like it...as much as my comment rubbed you the worng way....
i KNOW my car is in warranty and i can go whenever i want to get it checked....i just wanted to inform about something i noticed...and to figure out if someone else had experienced it...cause i didnt see any other thread about this.....
i think we are missing the point here....the point is the noise at certain speed.....not the speed limits in the higways in argentina nor if someone likes me or not....

about polishmadman:
A. i think i didnt get it....seriously...i dont want to misinterpret your comment.
B. we all agree this....is as stupid as a lot of things and its totally wrong...i go with you on this....
C. i think you are in the right thing....at first i thought it was the mirror like someone said....but when i applied pressure on the glass with my arm i realized it had to be the seals....thanks man....

·
Registered
55 Posts

i agree

jajaja :rolleyes: (lmao)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Your 2.0 ex is a much bigger pussy than my 2.4 SX automatic.

Church

·
Registered
130 Posts
@wingzero. your comment wasnt really needed. if your just going to call him a moron you should take it else where. the thread isnt about the speed limit or his inteligence. so calling him a moron for not obeying the speed limit is completely off topic and uncalled for.
I was refering to this statement. CoastieKoup miss quoted wingzero. He just asked about the speedlimits. As far as the speed, be careful out there.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.