Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some new 19 LED super white parking light / front turn signal bulbs off of ebay. They were to replace the 2357a amber bulbs that come stock with the car. The bulbs fit perfectly and when I hit my door unlock button they light up nice and bright and I thought everything was fine. I turned my car and headlights on and only the center LED in each bulb was on. I tried turning my blinker on and it was flashing really fast, as if I had a bulb out. They were flashing with full brightness and using all of the LED's, but I could not get them to all work while the normal headlights were on. I am just going to go with super white standard bulbs for these.

Here are the LED 2357's that I bought:

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I don't know why the parking lights weren't working for you, do the bulbs have 2 contacts on the bottom?

As far as the fast blinking, you have to remember that LEDs don't draw as much current (put on as high a load) as regular bulbs. This causes the flasher to cycle very rapidly and you have to compensae this by either installing an electronic flasher designed for LEDs or add load resistors to simulate regular bulbs in order for the stock flasher to work correctly.

Check out these threads for more information.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/f...-light-bulb-size-type-need-help-please-3.html

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/body-kits-appearance/777-sedan-rear-light-question.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BigE. After reading those posts I realized that I would need a 6 ohm resistor to wire across the lights to make them work properly. Also, they are flashing faster because my car thinks that I have a bulb burnt out due to the lower power draw. All in all, I just figured these would be plug and play, but since they only cost a few dollars for the set it is not worth it to me to go rewiring shit or putting in a new flasher unit. I am just gonna stick with the ultra white standard bulbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts