Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you're looking into getting the exhaust offered by turbokits, be prepared to do a fair amount of work.

It does not come with any mounting hardware, and no new gaskets. Be prepared to shop around to find what you need.

The hangers that the muffler sits in are not aligned properly, I have mine ghetto-rigged with a clamp and a hanger I got from autozone at the moment, but I'm getting a bit of wobble and I believe its making contact with the diffuser (which had to be cut). I'm in the process of looking for a way to mount it better.

Update:
Currently talking with turbokits about the problem and have sent some pictures of how I have it rigged currently.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
Honestly, I am not surprised. The sprectra sedan and spectra 5 did not share the same exhaust. My daughter bought the Kia performance exhaust for her 06 Spectra sedan and the parts department ordered her the wrong one. After trying to install it, and the resulting cursing (lol), they realized they had ordered the exhaust for the Spectra 5. The correct sedan version fit like a "glove". I had expected Kia to do the same with the Forte5...

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I believe its making contact with the diffuser (which had to be cut).
Same thing happened to me. After I made my husband fiberglass a new fin where the previous one melted off, I put the stock exhaust back on because I couldn't hear my phone through the bluetooth anymore. Sometimes it's about the creature comforts. :eek:

2,213 Posts
Same thing happened to me. After I made my husband fiberglass a new fin where the previous one melted off, I put the stock exhaust back on because I couldn't hear my phone through the bluetooth anymore. Sometimes it's about the creature comforts. :eek:
oh wow, i forgot about that! i cant even hear myself think in my car anymore, forget about using the phone! lol

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I'm just at cruising speed its not too loud, I need to find a hangar that like twists, and then it should fit perfectly, and the contact should stop.

I definitely can barely tell I have the intake though lol..

I was mistaken about the clamp, the problem is how its hanging right now, it's slightly angled. I have not talked to turbokits. If they want to sell to 5-door owners they either need to add in a rubber hanger for the muffler that has two holes facing one direction for the muffler, and the other twisted to fit onto the hanger mount on the car.

Also I'm not sure if this is an issue on SX model 5-doors.

I do love the exhaust and intake, just been frustrated with the install lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So.. the turbokits.com intake and exhaust fit the 5-door (for the most part).
Any word on whether or not they will be modding the exhaust for us 5-door owners? I'm really interested in strapping both kits on my new hatchback!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't heard anything about them adjusting the kit, it cost me 70 bucks to get a new hanger added on so it fits properly. Turbokits did refund the majority of that cost for my troubles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.