Kia Forte Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just had a really quick question for you car savvy guys.

Okay, so I just bought a DDM Tuning 6000K Hid kit w/wiring harness. I also called KIA to ask them how this would affect my warranty. They said that whether they install it or not wont make a difference and that if the HID KIT somehow messes with the car's default electrical systems, and that is the root of the problem, then the car warranty will be voided. In your opinion, could the HID kit cause such a problem?

tl;dr Can HID kit cause such a big problem car electrical system would get messed up?.

My Forte, a.k.a Samurai

·
Registered
585 Posts
The concern here is that it is hard enough to get warranty service on legitimate warranty issues, now you are giving them something to point their finger at and assign blame, in other words - now they have something that they 'can' blame, regardless if it is the cause of a problem or not.

·
Registered
289 Posts
the kits are plug and play. If you have a catastrophic electrical problem just put the factory set up back in action. No big deal.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had my installed when I got the car and I know that if you have bought from Kia and had installed before the car get delivered you have 3 years warranty, if after deliverer is 1 year warranty by KIA.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The kit should not cause any problems, especially with the wiring harness installed. Notice that the wiring harness has an inline fuse, if there is any overflow of power then that fuse will blow, cutting power to your headlights thus saving your factory headlight wiring. No big deal :)

I have the 6000K kit from DDM in mine (both the lows and fogs, and BOTH have their own wiring harnesses) and youll love it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there anything I can do specifically to warranty void-proof my HID Setup.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Its really not that big of a deal...if you DO have a problem remove them and put the stocks back. If you are that worried about it...it sounds like you shouldn't do it to begin with.

JMO

·
Registered
769 Posts
There is no way to "void-proof" your warranty, I would say the closest to void proofing your warranty is to keep all your original stuff, actually funny thing that a SERVICE MANAGER told me was that if I DID do a cold air intake setup, just to keep my original stuff and if my CEL came on, to put the original back on before i brought the car in :D

Same concept with HIDs, im actually thinkin about finding a second set of non-cut dust caps, so that I can go back almost completely to my stock setup if I have any issues

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no way to "void-proof" your warranty, I would say the closest to void proofing your warranty is to keep all your original stuff, actually funny thing that a SERVICE MANAGER told me was that if I DID do a cold air intake setup, just to keep my original stuff and if my CEL came on, to put the original back on before i brought the car in :D

Same concept with HIDs, im actually thinkin about finding a second set of non-cut dust caps, so that I can go back almost completely to my stock setup if I have any issues
That was my initial thought, to return all modifications back to stock. I personally am not very concerned with this, it is my father, the one who bought me the car. I was thinking to buy a second set of dust caps, use those with the HIDs and replace stock lights if CEL comes on or service is required.

link to dust caps: OEM 08 09 10 Kia Forte Head Lamp Dust Cap Cover 1P on eBay.ca (item 170479362047 end time 25-Nov-10 08:42:00 EST)

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Gotta shut this one down guys...

Here at Forteforums.com, we do not in any way condone or recommend that people who have issues with their vehicles by doing aftermarket additions and changes, pursue warranty claims against the results of a "botched" mod.

A few people have expressed publicly, but also PRIVATELY, that these types of claims hurt KIA as a whole. The more disingenuine claims there are, the more loss to the company and their employees.

There have be many threads in the past where something along the lines of: "Pull off/out your mods, take it to there dealer and get them to replace it under warranty."

This suggestion of fraudulent activity will now be under the watchful eye of the forums' admins and mods, and on a case by case basis, we will delete threads and warn/ban users based upon these issues as they arise.

It is very obvious by the response of some of Kia's technicians who are members of the site here, that this type of false-claiming just makes their job's more difficult, and that while you can choose to cheat the system, it only makes things worse.

Forteforums.com does not wish to be a haven for these types of threads.

Many dealers also browse this site too, and the last thing we want is for someone's "dirty laundry" to affect our dealer's opinions of our forum members.

As some have said in past threads (in approximately the same words), own up to your mistakes and pay for them without dragging the forte community down with you.

The goal here is to prevent the forums from getting out of hand like some of the other forums in the automotive industry. We will do this by the above mentioned steps to prevent it from happening.

Admin Team.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.