Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had to have any work done yet? under warranty or otherwise. Figured I would start a thread were we can post issues we experience, and how your dealership experience was.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,836 Posts
Sedan SX, bought in June...Number of times in shop...0; Recall...1...for replacement of drivers seat belt - no problem though.
Koup SX, bought in Sept...Number of times in shop...0

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
2 minor things so far...

1) Trip computer button not working... loose connection.

2) 2 or 3 times a week, when I start the car, the radio is off (I left it on) and it's forgotten all it's settings. Going in Thursday for that and it's probably a loose connection there too.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
1- Had my intake manifold replace, the flaps for the variable intake were loose causing a valve train "sound-alike" noise...

2- They changed my radio, my bluetooth wasn't working anymore

·
Registered
77 Posts
1- Had my intake manifold replace, the flaps for the variable intake were loose causing a valve train "sound-alike" noise...

Are you aware of a service bulletin notice for this? My car is making a strange noise while it idles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a leak under the car from an improperly sealed seam that was causing the passenger carpet to get wet when I drove in the rain. Dealer fixed it in one trip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had mine for 10 weeks and also had the leak problem in which water would get in every time it rained and soaked the carpet. The dealer was very responsive and fixed it in a day.

I also will have to take it in again soon when a replacement radio arrives at the dealer for me. Last week the screen went black and although the sound is still fine and the radio functions the same as before otherwise, it will have to be replaced because of the screen.

I'm curious about the radio/Bluetooth post. When I first got it I tried to get Bluetooth working and couldn't, but I never use it anyway so I pretty much didn't give it a second thought. Now I wonder if that's somehow related to the faulty radio?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a leak under the car from an improperly sealed seam that was causing the passenger carpet to get wet when I drove in the rain. Dealer fixed it in one trip.
any idea what seam exactly it was? this sounds *cough* cheap...

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Are you aware of a service bulletin notice for this? My car is making a strange noise while it idles.
No.. I did look on the Kia tech web site and there was nothing at the time.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Regarding the intake manifold flaps, this could be what's causing the noise on my car(a EX with 2.0). I'm getting a light knocking noise at idle and also some additional valvetrain noise now while warming up after a cold start.

Did they replace your whole intake or just that VIS solenoid which activates the intake flaps? Also, what made them key in on the intake during diagnosis?

·
Registered
18 Posts
SX sedan 6 speed, once for the seat belt replacement,bluetooth,cruise control reprogram. twice for axle shaft seals. Our dealer ship made appointments for us to have these items taken care of. The second time with the axle seals I had to have the car towed in, my Mrs. went with the tow truck driver and the dealership had a rental car company waiting for her to get a rental car. I have nothing but Good to say about our dealer ship and Kia motors. The only out of pocket we paid was a key deposit for the rental car which was returned when we returned the rental car. And the rental car company drove me back to the dealer to pick up our car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe not the thread to write this in but I have been without my SX Sedan for 4 weeks now after getting rear-ended while I was stopped at a red light. The other driver was doing the speed limit (60km/h) and didn't even start to slow down when I was hit. She was texting on a cell phone. Nobody was seriously injured except the cars. Mine has $13,000 damage to it and the trunk and rear doors won't open. Considerable damage really.

My only beef with Kia is that I've been waiting a month and the autobody shop says that they are at a standstill because they are waiting for parts from Kia. They ordered parts over 3 weeks ago and they are still waiting with no solid date in mind. They told me that Kia is usually very good and will get them parts within a few days but the holdup is probably because of the Christmas holidays. Even with the holidays, they would have been waiting 2 weeks for parts. Not too impressed as it will still take a few weeks for them to actually fix the car when the get the parts. Nice that I only had my car for 2 weeks when this happened. Now my 3 month Sirius Satellite trial will only have a month available for me to use it. I guess the positive thing is that I don't make a payment until March so at least I'm not paying for the car while it's in the shop. :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Second day I had the car it stalled as I was pulling off the lot, going home. Restarted, would not idle but would rev fine past 2000. Limped it back into the shop, scanned the ECU (nice to have a whole Kia shop at my disposal) and found an Exhaust cam control code. 30 minutes later I had the offending bit of aluminum removed from the CVVT actuator and it was fine. A tiny fleck of casting/machining was loose inside the oil passages in the head and became stuck in the solenoid, not allowing the cam to become fully retarded.

The bit must have started life in the head as the oil filter and CVVT filter would have caught it sooner if it was lower in the engine. The car had under 70 kms (45 miles) on it so it was still literally breaking itself in. This Forte was the first (and still only) one we have seen even the slightest issues with in regards to the engine. Just dumb luck that it was 'mine'.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There's actually a TSB out for that solenoid possibly being affected by pieces of aluminum debris.

And I have a fairly major issue with a Forte engine, although the 2.0. It had 2 oil leaks from the factory. One at the oil pan and one at the side of the timing chain cover. Both were repaired, but it's weird on a new car/engine, and I'll have to keep an eye on those areas to be sure leaks don't reappear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe not the thread to write this in but I have been without my SX Sedan for 4 weeks now after getting rear-ended while I was stopped at a red light. The other driver was doing the speed limit (60km/h) and didn't even start to slow down when I was hit. She was texting on a cell phone. Nobody was seriously injured except the cars. Mine has $13,000 damage to it and the trunk and rear doors won't open. Considerable damage really.

My only beef with Kia is that I've been waiting a month and the autobody shop says that they are at a standstill because they are waiting for parts from Kia. They ordered parts over 3 weeks ago and they are still waiting with no solid date in mind. They told me that Kia is usually very good and will get them parts within a few days but the holdup is probably because of the Christmas holidays. Even with the holidays, they would have been waiting 2 weeks for parts. Not too impressed as it will still take a few weeks for them to actually fix the car when the get the parts. Nice that I only had my car for 2 weeks when this happened. Now my 3 month Sirius Satellite trial will only have a month available for me to use it. I guess the positive thing is that I don't make a payment until March so at least I'm not paying for the car while it's in the shop. :(
$13,000 in damage, it wasn't your fault and not an insurance write off?

Good luck anyway, I hope it all works out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
my koup ex just started doing this every time i put the defroster or the defroster and floor on the ac light comes on and i have the heat on.i took it in to kia they said thats normal on the car i have seen 2 forte sedan ex come threw work and they dont do that does anyone else have this problem on there car or is it just a koup thing

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't speak for every car out there but I know some vehicles, like my Tracker, kick on the AC compressor when you put defrost on. Apparently it makes the defroster more effective. The AC light doesn't normally come on but you can hear the compressor start up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't speak for every car out there but I know some vehicles, like my Tracker, kick on the AC compressor when you put defrost on. Apparently it makes the defroster more effective. The AC light doesn't normally come on but you can hear the compressor start up.
does your koup do this

·
Registered
243 Posts
my koup ex just started doing this every time i put the defroster or the defroster and floor on the ac light comes on and i have the heat on.i took it in to kia they said thats normal on the car i have seen 2 forte sedan ex come threw work and they dont do that does anyone else have this problem on there car or is it just a koup thing
It's normal for the AC compressor to come on when the defrost function is on(i.e. air directed to defrost mode), even with it set to warm air/heat. It says so right in the owners manual. Didn't you read that part before taking it in to the dealer? Come on!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Give this man a cigar!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts