Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm thinking about getting the Forte Koup and I was wondering if I was to install the following would It void my warranty?

New grill
Spoiler
Sub
Emblems
Take off the grey part on the rims

Also, If I was to pay in cash for the car how much do you think the dealer would take off if the car was around $22,000?
Thanks in advanced for your input.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yeah.....none of that stuff has any impact with the warranty.

With regards to the purchase, IMO:

If you can get a very low interest rate, it would be beneficial to finance and have the bulk of your money working for you else where and have the benefits of the income you get, when you make your money work for you.......offset the interest you pay for the financing.....you may come out ahead of the game.......once again IMO only :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go to edmunds.com and find out the invoice price of the Koup you want with the options you are looking for. Then, add $200-300. to the INVOICE PRICE and offer that price to the dealer and see what happens. DO NOT ACT IN ANY WAY THAT YOU LOVE THIS CAR!!!!! The FIRST thing a car salesman is taught in car school is "If you can make the person love the car anything else doesn't matter." BE READY TO WALK OUT IF THE DEALER DOESN'T MEET YOUR PRICE OR A REASONABLE COUNTER OFFER.
Remember, you have the rest of your life to love the car just love the car AFTER you get it home not at the dealership when you are buying it. I'm an ex car salesman, do I know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
your sub might void the bumper to bumper warranty. even installing OEM foglights ( meaning you koup didnt come with them, like the EX models) will void the warranty.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Anything that causes you to mess with the factory wiring (Sub, fogs) CAN potentially effect your warranty if something electrical fails in the car. If components or wires running on the same circuit develop a problem, they're likely to trace it back to your modifications.

They don't care about emblems or wheel trim IF you don't affect the paint during their removal. If you scratch the paint during removal and you get rust later, they won't warranty it. Same goes for the spoiler. If you develop paint problems around the install site, no warranty.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea CorsaKoup's got it under control. Nothing visual will void a warranty except if u mess with the factory settings of certain things and how the car looks from factory if you dont ruin anything and in the future if you go to them for a fix, they can easily say that whatever you did to the car was the cause of the problem and wont fix it for free...I was lucky enough to LOVE this car going in and got an amaaazzzing deal. 5 MORE years of bumper to bumper. 10 yrs/100,000 for powertrain AND B2B! plus a lower interest rate then i wouldve usually gotten. I would pay cash if i were you though cuz u would be saving money in the long run. You would save a few thousand off the sticker first of all, and then no interest. PLUS not having to have a monthly payment to worry about! all plusses in my book! good luck tho

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a call from one dealership today and I was told that I could get the car fully loaded for $19,617. Is that a good deal? Including tint

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I would say so. I got mine for a little over 20 fully loaded without tint

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know if Kia will have another $500 off anytime soon? Because I don't think that I will be getting the car by June 1st, and that's when the offer ends.

·
Registered
567 Posts
use AAA's car buying tools to help. I got my Forte SX (auto) for 17.4k before taxes 18.7k after. I got everything except leather and wheel locks. You can get them to go lower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts