Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the little booklet about the warranty for the tires and honestly, it made no sense to me. Could anyone please tell me what the warranty covers. Does it cover anything and everything? What about hitting a curb? How long is the warranty?
If anyone could help it would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hitting a curb won't be a warranty item. You'll either be paying for that yourself or filing an insurance claim.

The tires are protected against manufacturer's defects withing a certain number of miles / years. Nails or other roadhazards (curbs) aren't covered.

The car is covered by a 10yr / 100K drivetrain warranty. Anything happens to the engine, transmission, drive axles, etc. within that time / mileage AND you have proof of maintenance, it's on Kia's dime. You also have a 5yr/60K limited basic warranty to cover the rest.

·
Registered
316 Posts
basically if your tires wear out abnormally fast or if it suddenly blows out while you're going under the speed rating of the tire.

So if you live after the blow-out....you get a new set, free of charge. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
and the tires that are on the car when you buy a are the cheapest/crappiest tires ever mass produced. mine were dead after 12,000km. they basically got me off the lot.

·
Registered
644 Posts
and the tires that are on the car when you buy a are the cheapest/crappiest tires ever mass produced. mine were dead after 12,000km. they basically got me off the lot.
12,000km is pretty far away from the lot, if you drove in a straight line... :p
Just kidding, but that stinks..

·
Registered
288 Posts
In Canada they offer a tire / wheel warranty for extra $$$ when you buy the car - road hazards are covered.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,830 Posts
OP looks like you are not well versed in warranties...LoL

THey are usually hard to decipher. Read your warranty book that came with the car -- not everything is covered at the same rate:

Wheels...you now know they are covered differently than the rest of the car
Battery...different warranty for one year then prorated
Paint...warranted for three years
Emissions equipment...some up to 7 years

as you can see there are different time frames for different components...take time to see what the warranty does and does not cover - for your own peace of mind.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thats good to know! Those warranty books just made no sense to me..lol Thanks for the help with this! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hitting a curb won't be a warranty item. You'll either be paying for that yourself or filing an insurance claim.

The tires are protected against manufacturer's defects withing a certain number of miles / years. Nails or other roadhazards (curbs) aren't covered.

The car is covered by a 10yr / 100K drivetrain warranty. Anything happens to the engine, transmission, drive axles, etc. within that time / mileage AND you have proof of maintenance, it's on Kia's dime. You also have a 5yr/60K limited basic warranty to cover the rest.
In Canada my warranty is 5 years 100K and part of my deal they gave me additional 2 years and 40 K , So that brings the total to 7 years 140K I love it when a car manufacture stands behind their product.Thanks Kia.:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
In Canada my warranty is 5 years 100K and part of my deal they gave me additional 2 years and 40 K , So that brings the total to 7 years 140K I love it when a car manufacture stands behind their product.Thanks Kia.:cool:

So, did you get that in writing? I have to admit (not doubting you though) that a dealer doing that is hard to believe (unless they got paid).

·
Registered
316 Posts
So, did you get that in writing? I have to admit (not doubting you though) that a dealer doing that is hard to believe (unless they got paid).
This is actually common. A dealer can discount warranties and accessories but it's a lot harder to discount the actual price of a car. By discounting the warranty by say 70% and discounting the car by only a small margin they can then put on the sales slip to Kia that it was sold for a decent margin...thus increasing the dealers profit.

I could be way off but that's how i interpreted it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i got a lifetime warranty with mine.. on top of Kia's warranty.. from my dealer.

that was my selling point tbh, make delivering pizza in it not so bad, have an awesome car and if i run it down to the ground in 5 years, its going to get fixed with a new/rebuilt.

·
Registered
348 Posts
"Lifetime" warranty or not... if you run it into the ground there isn't a company on the planet that will rebuild it for you. You wreck it, your problem.

I said before in another thread that warranty is there to help you out when things go bad, they are NOT there to bail you out for wrecking your stuff.

mistastalker I suggest you head in to your nearest Kia service department and ask them to clarify your questions. They will be the best ones at determining exactly what would and would not be covered in any situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts