Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do people still have the problem where your phone's address book isn't saved and has to be redownloaded to the car over and over?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was under the impression that it must download each time and is not saved. maybe i'm wrong..
Most bluetooth kits save the contacts so you don't have the delay transferring so often.

This has been discussed in another forum and described by many as annoying, but the thread just died with no resolution:

KIA Forte Bluetooth -- other people's experience? - Page 3 - Kia Forum

I've been using my Bluetooth with my Kia Forte for about a week now. The Downloading of the addressbook into the system each time you get in is really very stupid. If the system has enough memory to download it in the first place, they could store it and even tell if there were changes the next time it connected. It's not rocket science.
Also, yesterday I had just completed a call that I made using the downloaded addressbook and when I finished, it went back into DOWNLOADING mode again, which blocked me from immediately making another call.
Sure nice to know its connected but it could just say CONNECTED each time and stop this nonsense.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i'm runing on an motorola z6w and is working perfect ,great sound,even the voice calling on adressbook name and numbers is working without redownloadingproblems,i think is a phone blootooth problem not with the car.before i had an sony erricson and i have lost the pairing 2-3 times,needed to repair the phone with the car,or not automatic conection on start,need to do it manualy

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is referring to the annoying "Transfer Complete" announcement everytime I get in the car right? It is not a phone problem and doesn't have to do with any re-pairing. My phone pairs perfectly every time. I would love for this to be fixed.

If they can't update the firmware to store the contacts, then at least find a way to mute that "Transfer Complete" announcement (and not interrupt the music).

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
As my salesman explained, the car's bluetooth is updating your phone's address book each time it connects in case you added any numbers.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I want to be able to change that vocal message to something like a welcome message instead. Or a praise message at least :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I find that it does not always inform me of the phonebook sync. In any case, there's nothing wrong with the car's bluetooth system. If you're having problems, it's your cell phone. Kia (or any other manufacturer) can't make the system 100% compatible with every phone. My Samsung Omnia didn't work well with my Forte. I really hated that phone anyways, so I switched back to a Nokia E-series. Better phone and it syncs in seconds every time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm with the pack on this one. I was just searching for a way to get rid of that "Transfer Complete" message. Surely there has to be a way to turn it off! Annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how to get rid of the annoying phone message

:p;)My friend in Houston has a Kia Forte and I am in the process of helping him set up his phone book. I guess I should get ready to pull my hair out after reading all of your problems....I have a Honda Accord that I put my phone book in on the first day, and it has never given me a problem. Maybe that is the solution...get a Honda....

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
:p;)My friend in Houston has a Kia Forte and I am in the process of helping him set up his phone book. I guess I should get ready to pull my hair out after reading all of your problems....I have a Honda Accord that I put my phone book in on the first day, and it has never given me a problem. Maybe that is the solution...get a Honda....
BITE YOUR TONGUE! Honda is a four letter word around here =]

Bluetooth is simple to set up.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would much prefer it just display "Transfer Complete" on the screen rather than saying it every time. I understand why it updates every time....I might've added numbers. I just don't think it needs to be a proclamation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It was my understanding it was a issue with the phone . my black berry storm works great with the bluetooth stuff but my womans phone dont becuase its a older phone . her phone does all the goofy stuff and then the phone will shut down and reboot its self and start all over . she has a lg gleam phone .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts