Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally got out there to wash and wax the ride. I took some pics cause this car being black, it's only gonna look like this for one day! thought I'd share how it looks.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Car looks excellent except for the blue badges =/ sorry. It woulda been cool to have the red ones to go with the red "k" in "koup" or just black, but if blue's your color then good for you man. Keep modding clean!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car looks excellent except for the blue badges =/ sorry. It woulda been cool to have the red ones to go with the red "k" in "koup" or just black, but if blue's your color then good for you man. Keep modding clean!
yeah i know, i had black ones but they didnt really survive the winter, i ordered new black ones but they shipped blue so im using them for now until the new black ones arrive

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great, dude. Friend of mine has a black Mustang that he did recently and it looked terrific...until the next day like you mentioned :D Really like your rims too. Looking to do something similar with mine except get the outer chrome in orange/copper to match my car.

Along the same topic of waxing, I have a small problem. I washed and waxed mine last week on a cloudy but humid day. The wax went on like poo. Very dull looking. What can I do to take the wax off so I can put a fresh coat on?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Looks great, dude. Friend of mine has a black Mustang that he did recently and it looked terrific...until the next day like you mentioned :D Really like your rims too. Looking to do something similar with mine except get the outer chrome in orange/copper to match my car.

Along the same topic of waxing, I have a small problem. I washed and waxed mine last week on a cloudy but humid day. The wax went on like poo. Very dull looking. What can I do to take the wax off so I can put a fresh coat on?
Did you polish the wax afterwards?
Auto wax dries to a haze that you have to buff off.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you polish the wax afterwards?
Auto wax dries to a haze that you have to buff off.
Sorry, should've mentioned. Yes, I did. Third time I've used the wax and no issues prior to this time. My gut told me not to do it that day, because of the humidity (times 10 because I was inside) but I got excited and went ahead and did it anyways. I know, dumb.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Some will recommend using Dawn. It will work but I'd not recommend it. Once or twice would probably be fine but it will dr out rubber and plastic. I'd recommend a 70% solution of isopropyl alcohol.

You may want to clay your vehicle is it's not been done before. This will also remove the wax and it will also prep your paint to accept a nice coat of wax at the same time.

What you mention usually happens when you apply the way too thick. You almost don't want to see the wax when applied. Any more and you are just wasting product.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some will recommend using Dawn. It will work but I'd not recommend it. Once or twice would probably be fine but it will dr out rubber and plastic. I'd recommend a 70% solution of isopropyl alcohol.

You may want to clay your vehicle is it's not been done before. This will also remove the wax and it will also prep your paint to accept a nice coat of wax at the same time.

What you mention usually happens when you apply the way too thick. You almost don't want to see the wax when applied. Any more and you are just wasting product.
Appreciate the help. Thank you kind sir. Sorry to derail the thread, guys. Back to ogling!! :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SO after a week i've done quite a few more mods...
-Sharkfin Antenna
-20% Tint
-Muffler Install (Magnaflow 12865)
-And my SI style spoiler showed up today, should have it installed by Sunday and I'll post some new pics of the transformation!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts