Kia Forte Forum banner

Wash/Wax

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  CorsaKoup 
#1 ·
What does everyone here do for washing/waxing? Black is going to be a bitch to keep clean, and it doesn't help that we have fairly hard water at our house.

Should automatic car washes be avoided? What about going to the self service bays, soaping the car up, using my own washing mitt, then rinsing/drying the car right there?

Also, what type of wax/etc. does everyone recommend, and what frequencies on using such products?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I also have a black forte, and yeah, it is nearly impossible to keep clean. I go to the self service bays every week and put in about 4 dollars, do pre-wash soak, rinse and soap, soap brush, then rinse it all off and it looks great for a few days lol
my friend said he sprays it off there then sprays the wax on it and goes home right quick to buff it out

#4 ·
^ x2

#5 ·
Just washed the sx at home today. What a pain in the balls. I've found that turtle wax
spray detailer after hand washing is fantastic. It takes time since you spray and wipe 1 panel at a time but it honestly looks like a fresh wax. (don use it on your windows leaves a film).

#7 ·
I'd recommend touchless methods at coin-op car washes, or microfiber EVERYTHING when you wash it at home.

Microfiber wash mitt, Meguiars Gold Class car wash, dry with microfiber towels, blow the crevices out with a leaf-blower (in a clean area so you don't cover your car in debris), finish up with a microfiber towel.

Clean throughout the week with Meguiars Quick Detailer and microfiber towels, but if it's really dusty, just wash it again...or else the abrasive material in the dust will cover your car with fine scratches.

If I'm at a car wash, I only use the brush on the windshield if it has dried bugs, the tires, wheels and the lower sill extensions - the part with the textured paint. Just be sure to blast the brush with the sprayer before using it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.