Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had/have the same problem!
It was both Tail Lights leaking!
It traveled to the under my back seat, check under your back seat there might be a pool of water and the foam might be moldy!!

Fighting with dealer to fix!
I might as well do it myself!

I have such a long story about what idiots the service dept at Haddad Kia in Bakersfield are!
So disappointed! : (

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trunk water

I purchased a 2014 Forte that came of lease. After a heavy rain storm I found the trunk mats and wheel well were completely soaked. I called KIA and started a CLAIM before taking it to the dealer. They have had the car now for two days, and they have removed all mats, wheel well covers and linings. So far no positive results. Not only will the dampness accelerate rusting, but there are two additional issues to consider. The fogging of windows pose a safety issues by blocking visibility. Secondly, we have all heard the health dangers of mold, this goes for homes, boats and cars, etc. you get where I'm going with this.

The cost of cleaning or replacement of fabrics can be costly. I recommend starting a claim with KIA, they'll provide you with a claim #. Set an appointment with a authorized KIA dealer, both KIA and the dealer will communicate to help resolve the issue.

I'll post a update if they resolve the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my 2104 Kia Forte LX since June. I have noticed water has leaked into the trunk compartment. The entire liner is soaked and I have looked for the possible areas water may be coming in. I know that the water is not coming in from anywhere above the liner since the sides and top are not even wet. We have had a significant amount of rain in the past few days. Has anyone had this issue with their Kia??
janetq

Hi,
My 2014 Forte trunk well is filled with water & rear left seat is wet. Looking at other posts it could be bad seal, rear taillight leak, back winbdow seal, crack in trunk seak.... OMG! Also created a moldy smell. Called KIA & have an appt. in 2 days. Meanwhile pulled out rug cover & wet vacumned the truck. Seat smells bad - so disappointed already.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update - Leak

I found a link in another thread (I can't find the link). This gentleman sealed the areas around the taillight assembly with Flex Seal...I used silicone and so far so good. No leaks. I had to clean out the entire trunk and after years with this leak I am sure there is mold somewhere. So next is a full professional detail/cleaning of the car. A simple $7 fix, 10 minutes to apply and 24 hours to dry...I am happy. But I still see fogging in the rear window and other windows tend to fog up while driving so more use of the defroster.

I am still checking the trunk daily and after inclement weather. It's been dry for the last month.:biggrin2:

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine was leaking and it stank. Badly. When I found the water standing under the carpet I took it to Kia in South Austin and they accused my dogs of peeing back there. I had them replace the carpet and seals. Come to find out they didn't replace the seals and I finally just sealed them myself. I took it through the carwash for the first time and the dang carpet is wet! So frustrated. DO NOT WANT to take it back to those liers. I think I found it but not sure how to fix it. Just need to go with my hubby to the carwash and one of us set back there and video it first. Then I think I am going to take flex seal to the back end of it and seal it. I don't trust Kia South Austin. Not sure what I am will do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my 2104 Kia Forte LX since June. I have noticed water has leaked into the trunk compartment. The entire liner is soaked and I have looked for the possible areas water may be coming in. I know that the water is not coming in from anywhere above the liner since the sides and top are not even wet. We have had a significant amount of rain in the past few days. Has anyone had this issue with their Kia??
I too have a 2014 Kia I just got it not even a year and I’m having the same problem. When it rains heavy my trunk is like a fish tank full of water same here the top of the lining is dry but under it and where the spare tire is water. I’ve even stand out in the rain to see we’re it is coming from no such luck. The dealer that I brought it from also is at a loss as to where this water is coming from. Someone was in the trunk with a flashlight and they hose it down for awhile still was not able to fine out where this water is coming from. They even took apart the trunk hose it down no luck. Took off the back lights their were some water in their but not enough to say that’s the cause but they change out everything and resealed it. I taught that it was over as I left it pour by the time I got home and check I had a trunk full of water. I googled it to see maybe I can find a solution on the net but I’m surprised that a lot of other owners are having the same issue also. How can we get them to do a recall for them to fix this mess I feel they know exactly what the problem is......never will I recommend this Kia cars to anyone and am about to trade it in....I knew I should have gotten a Toyota

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update - Leak

I found a link in another thread (I can't find the link). This gentleman sealed the areas around the taillight assembly with Flex Seal...I used silicone and so far so good. No leaks. I had to clean out the entire trunk and after years with this leak I am sure there is mold somewhere. So next is a full professional detail/cleaning of the car. A simple $7 fix, 10 minutes to apply and 24 hours to dry...I am happy. But I still see fogging in the rear window and other windows tend to fog up while driving so more use of the defroster.

I am still checking the trunk daily and after inclement weather. It's been dry for the last month.:biggrin2:

Hope this helps.
[/QUOTE
I will try this and for my mold I use winndex and sprayed the under side were the mildew was it is gone even though I still have water getting into my trunk. Use the one with ammonia in it

·
Registered
3 Posts
trunk water leak & then some

i'm so relieved to find that others have had this issue. at first, i thought my window was leaking somehow, because my back passenger seat is soaked. but the water was only toward the crack of the seat, not really following a pattern of water coming in through the window. i took all my recycling & donations out of my trunk, and discovered my trunk mat was soaked, and there was around 2.5" of water in the place designated for a spare tire. so, i'll be calling the dealership tomorrow. they have lots of work to do! the trunk, a regulator/motor not working in a back window (they have already replaced the other one), and whatever the recall notice was about! geez.....
hoping i didn't choose unwisely.
I think all of us did this is a major problem and the Kia dealer has to know about this and acting like they don’t know. They told me that just to look at it it will cost me $125.00 but they would deduct it out if they have to do any work...are you kidding me selling defective cars should be a crime. I’m shock to see so many people with the same exact issue. This is why I’m saying no way they don’t know, no way

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think all of us did this is a major problem and the Kia dealer has to know about this and acting like they don’t know. They told me that just to look at it it will cost me $125.00 but they would deduct it out if they have to do any work...are you kidding me selling defective cars should be a crime. I’m shock to see so many people with the same exact issue. This is why I’m saying no way they don’t know, no way

I have been fighting with Kia Consumer Affairs for almost a month and I get the same thing its been denied they won't cover the cost. Then on Tuesday 02/18/2020 they told me I would have to pay for it send in the receipt and they would reimburse me the cost. If I had an extra $2000 to give I wouldn't have a Kia. I am sure the director that declined my repair would fight to get his Kia repaired better yet he is not driving a Kia he may have something more expensive. According to Consumer Affairs they have not had any complaints I am the FIRST I know that is a lie. I will fight until I get the car repaired on Kia's dime.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
659 Posts
All automotive manufacturers create all & every car with holes in every plate/surface/areas for assembly. No vehicle on earth will be swiss cheese hole free. Though after full completion they should go back to check & verify to properly & appropriately to seal any & all holes completely.

I've found so many exposed holes that I can absolutely 100% see thru & out to the outside, especially underneath at the door sills (when OEM/factory plastics door sills are removed) leading right thru the pitch welds area. The backseat area (bench) holes. The trunk area holes. The trunk seal becomes weak & brittle from wear & tear usage. The rear combination assembly lights (the rubber seals) become weak brittle & quickly allow leaks. The front floor pans, holes. The firewall is done well.

The typical off the shelf sealers don't work like the expensive automotive seam sealers/self leveling seam sealers/body panel sealers & window sealers. The best ones are from 3M if lucky enough can be found & purchased from Autozone, O'Reilly's, advanced auto parts, Pepboys & napa. Also from 3M themselves.

As for now, I've been using flex tape covering holes inside & outside.

Also Universal Car Balck Butyl Rubber Glue Sealant For Car Headlight Door Windshiled

One just has to remove all seats & floor carpeting & trunk liner/carpet & all plastics molding that helps keep it down during the weekends/days off/time off/vacation to find the holes leaked & openings.

Harder when it's constantly raining, no garage & if weather permits. So far I think I've found the easiest ones covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been fighting with Kia Consumer Affairs for almost a month and I get the same thing its been denied they won't cover the cost. Then on Tuesday 02/18/2020 they told me I would have to pay for it send in the receipt and they would reimburse me the cost. If I had an extra $2000 to give I wouldn't have a Kia. I am sure the director that declined my repair would fight to get his Kia repaired better yet he is not driving a Kia he may have something more expensive. According to Consumer Affairs they have not had any complaints I am the FIRST I know that is a lie. I will fight until I get the car repaired on Kia's dime.
I made a video of a fix for this problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYdemz11Sk&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks to you, there's video proof of Kia/Hyundai sh*t weldings of panels coming apart at the seams causing water leaks & damages later on.

Water leaks & damages happen at the Sirius/XM/radio roof antenna. When the plastics are exposed to constant onslaught of the sun, it becomes weak brittle & the constant flexing from the car itself creates cracks/openings that allows water to get into the cabin. Rusting out the Sirius/XM radio antenna circuit board & water leaking.

The entire Kia/Hyundai plastic housing antenna assembly is a pos. Any plastics that break off or gets cracked will quickly allow water into the car. The rubber seal becomes useless. Driving into the Automatic car washes should be avoided as much as possible because those damn brushes not only scratch the paint, it holds the last vehicles asphalt/rocks/gravel junk but at the high slapping velocity pull on any plastics that are held by plastic/metal clips & screws.

Why do you think Automatic/touchless car washes have signs "not responsible for any damages, enter/use at your own risk to car & property" signs posted? Cause that's what happens. I worked at several & have seen the parts get ripped off & fly off was caused by the high pressure or some lazy effing ass idiot with a dirty ass truck bed full of trash doesn't give an eff & the trash scatters like confetti everywhere & covering the proximity sensors that scan your car for safe operations. Not respectful so the owners & to the next in line, not to mention half assed washes & some type of car damages.

For the entire time I've owned my Kia Forte Koup SX 6MT, I've never taken it to any automatic carwashes. Been doing that since my 1st car in high school. Never taken any of my cars throughout my life to them. Handwashing safer (when done correctly) I'm also a detailer & been around cars since middle school. I'm now 50yrs & still around cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had/have the same problem!
It was both Tail Lights leaking!
It traveled to the under my back seat, check under your back seat there might be a pool of water and the foam might be moldy!!

Fighting with dealer to fix!
I might as well do it myself!

I have such a long story about what idiots the service dept at Haddad Kia in Bakersfield are!
So disappointed! : (
My daughter-in-law has water in her trunk I don't know what to do either

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2014 Kia Forte. I bought the car new. Kept it in the garage and never had any problems. My husband passed away two years ago and I moved to my daughters. The car sits in the open. Last winter the front and rear window had ice inside the car. When the weather warmed up my son-in-law took the liner and spare tire holder out and the well was full of water. He got all the water out and cleaned the mold off the back of the truck carpet. Everything was fine for during the summer. Last week we had three days of heavy rain and there was wet on the inside of the back window. I took out the mats and there was some water in the well. I thought it was just me, but glad to see I am not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
659 Posts
You're gonna have to on a day off drop down the back seats clean out trunk & have someone with a hose spray water at different areas of the car. Don't use a power washer.

At the roof, antenna rubber seal, around the rear window seal, front windshield seal, door weather strip/seals, window seals, trunk seal/weather strip, rear assembly lights weather strips. Sun/moon roof assembly weather seal/strip.
Try to reproduce rain on the car.

Check for any open, exposed holes. Vehicles are created with hundreds of holes during processing. Alot aren't covered to accommodate the several trims.

You can check & verify in your garage with a flood light, spot light, light saber style LED flash light in the semi dark/dark. You'll see how many holes are left uncovered. Especially at the trunk & under rear bench seats.

Buy flex tape or gorilla tape. Use a socket/s (the absolute best), lid, shot glass, pill bottle, metal washer, coin/.50 JFK coin, night quil serving cup, something the next size larger than the hole your trying to cover. Use a extra fine sharpie marker to trace on the flex/gorilla tape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here. Kia rio. Its leaking in through somewhere.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Glad I found this thread Kia Forte '15, bought in '15, just seemed to start the "leaking issue."
Flex seal tape, Gorilla version of flex seal tape, buy nee weather stripping (moon/sun roof, doors, windows, trunk), silicone sealant & or buy the roll of headlight black butyl sealant roll from Ebay. You can can use that & knead it to size & cover those tight hard to cover & reach places that need maliable flexible & sealant properties but without the drying/curing time.

Hope this helps.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts