Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Koup SX black, so hard to keep clean. But how long should I wait before i should wax this thing?? I assume it came with a factory coat on it of some sort.

And any good products anyone suggest I use to keep this thing looking pimp

·
Registered
522 Posts
i waxed mine the next day, with mothers 3 step and i had to use rain-x on the rear window, the water will not stay off it when it rains , it makes it hard to see out the rear of the car.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,137 Posts
I just use Soft Turtle Wax and it comes out very nice. You can start waxing as soon as you take ownership...normally you should wait 30 days with NEW paint -- but if you consider the shipping time from Korea that time has probably passed.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i waxed mine the next day, with mothers 3 step and i had to use rain-x on the rear window, the water will not stay off it when it rains , it makes it hard to see out the rear of the car.

so how goes the rain-x?
does it work?
we get a lot of rain here in sunny florida- i've never used the stuff
and was curious if it works as advertised........

·
Registered
61 Posts
And speaking of wax, what kind (and brand) of wax do you use? I see there are a lot of wax for sale. I see cheap ones and expensive ones, it's enough to drive any body crazy,lol. And how often do you wax the car? And when do you (if ever) use polish to take off the old wax? I heard wax build up can make the paint job look dull? Thank you. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
you get a lot of rain in sunny florida... thats prolly the funniest/ most ironic thing ive heard in a while ha!
Florida is pretty sunny. Most summer days progress from clear mornings to partly cloudy afternoons to passing thundershowers in the evening. Or at least that was the typical weather when I lived in Orlando.

Only early spring sucks. Rain seemed to come for weeks on end around May.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts