Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello .
i just got my Kia Forte 2011 Black and i was looking for the best Wax for this type of paint. I khow black is hard to wax. Any recomendation :)

Thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
I detail professionally and the best wax i have found for any color vehicle is called satin cream. you can get it from prowax.com

·
Registered
593 Posts
Best wax? As I always say... if there was a best there would only be one.

The hardest thing about black is getting the paint into and keep it in good condition. Typically wax does not do this.

I'd recommend a good synthetic wax such as Megs NXT. The problem is that it can leave a waxy look if not applied and remove correctly. For a deeper look, cover it with a good caranuba wax (let the NXT cure for 24 hours).

·
Registered
211 Posts
be careful as i have a 2011 black koup and it scratches hella easy. i just look at it and bam there is another on it, i just used ice from turtle wax did ok but not shiny enough for me

·
Registered
436 Posts
I use a pure carnauba from AutoMagic and really like it. (EZ Wax #15 now...the non-VOC compliant is no longer available). It has no cleaners or abrasives, which is perfect for new cars that don't have paint damage or adhered contaminants. I apply it with red Lake County pad on a random orbital, and remove it with microfiber towels. Flawless, long-lasting shine.

Waxed mine last weekend...slick and shiny.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
I use Formula 1. There was a demo at the Texas State Fair and was very impressed by it. Works just as well on my sedan as they demo'd at the fair. Supposed to be the hardest carnauba wax out there. Goes on and comes of easy.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
just about any type of synthetic sealer will work...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally is done, 2 hand wash with Meguiar`s car wash and over 8 hours waxing by hand Meguiar`s NXT Generation. I got the wet look I wanted the paint is like glass. Next weekend another hand and I am done for 3 months. Next time I will use my 6” orbital polisher, this time I wanted to felt every curb and panel of the car, just like a fine woman body. J Like we said on little island Puerto Rico this car is a BPA. Ask your Puertorican friend for translation J

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just waxed my Forte this weekend with NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste. Worked great! Car is silky smooth and looks great. I used NXT liquid on my previous car which works well too but I liked the control of the paste. Another old favorite which is a polish and not a wax is NuFinish, been around for ever and for good reason.

·
Registered
217 Posts
IMO the short time i had my Koup I found the paint cheap so I am not putting any effort in waxing.
I found just the opposite. My sedan is clear white and the paint is deep and rich even in the door ways. There is a small chip that I had repaired and the paint and clear coat looks as thick as any car I've ever owned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts