Kia Forte Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before i start, please don't start giving comments on how wrong this is, how illegal it is, how dangerous it is, or any of that crap. I am aware of all the consequences

I changed my back up lights to 65W 9005 bulbs. Then i proceeded to add a switch to it so i can be driving normal, and if someone tailgates me, or comes up too close to me at the light, i flip the switch, and it looks like i was backing up, Pictures will be up in 10 minutes or so.
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Lighting Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Light Lighting Auto part Mid-size car

The Switch hidden under my dash.

Automotive lighting Light Audio equipment Darkness Lighting

Left is 65W, right is Stock

Piano Technology Electronic device Music Musical instrument

This is how i passed the Wire to the tail light. (PS. you need to rotate it)

Light Automotive lighting Darkness Lighting Night

Another comparison of the light, Driver side is 65Watts, passenger side is Stock

As you all Know, Images of Lights never do them any justice, but still, they're pretty bright, I m gonna try to take a video of it in complete darkness

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmm. i'm very interested. only problem i see is the fact that hid take a couple seconds to get to full brightness.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, not HID, i was gonna have them as HID, but didn't want the fact that they take time to warm up. My next plan is to make them Silver stars.

·
Registered
289 Posts
this is gonna be good....let me get my popcorn!!!!! There is one person in particular I know who is going to have a big problem with this!!!!! We all know who!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
holy shiz. them is bright. when the switch is off is the brightness normal? if so how did you wire it up?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, when the switch is off, they're still as bright, the only reason why i have the switch is to flip them on while i am driving forward (Blind tailgaters or scare the crap out of them). The way its wired is i got a bulb adapter (i'll post a picture later) i "quick tapped it into the factory reverse bulb adapter, and at the same time, i ran a wire from my remote start/ ignition and tapped it into the same bulb adapter (so it has 2 positives, one from the factory reverse, and one from the switch).

You can always go back to the original, everything is there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have never done it but my idea is to have a switch that turns on the tail lights, makes a loud squeal from a speaker or maybe an air horn, and lets out a smoke screen. I don't know how to do it but that would make a mess in their pants and learn to stay back.

I do like what you created.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have never done it but my idea is to have a switch that turns on the tail lights, makes a loud squeal from a speaker or maybe an air horn, and lets out a smoke screen. I don't know how to do it but that would make a mess in their pants and learn to stay back.

I do like what you created.
i've wanted to do the speaker thing for awhile. but haven't figured where i would mount it.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hook up your windshield washer fluid squirters to your bumpers and squirt some brake fluid on their paint......

Either that or get a qbeam and point it in there eye.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Or get those under bumper lights that write words on the ground. Would be hard to see in the daytime but at night can't miss it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
this is gonna be good....let me get my popcorn!!!!! There is one person in particular I know who is going to have a big problem with this!!!!! We all know who!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

snork!!! yup- grabbing a bowl (of popcorn-not allowed a bowl of that other stuf working where i do........)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.