1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently, the stereo control on the steeling wheel would randomly misbehave:

- the volume up actually lowers the volume
- the next button goes to previous song
- the previous button changes the input source (i.e AUX to Radio)

The fix is to turn off the ignition completely and restart the car.

Unfortunately, this defect doesn't show up consistently, so there's no point in taking it to the dealer yet... It's very annoying when the volume goes down when you want it louder.
---
Update: Now I am having trouble with the cruise control... It won't set. Of course, once I pulled over, and restart, everything works again... but it's so inconvenient to stop... I know what the dealer will say when I take it back... "sorry, we can't reproduce it".

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've had the same thing happen. Sometimes it won't recognize the iPod.
Then I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. I hate that if it's on random and you get a call, after you hang up it goes back to normal play, not on random anymore. Stupid.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i made a recent post on this. next time it happens I'm going to record it on my smart phone to show the dealer, cuz I bet when I take it in, it won't do it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am having the same issue.. Except the cruise control doesn't work at all... Even after stopping and restarting the car...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Steering Wheel Control Solution

Recently, the stereo control on the steeling wheel would randomly misbehave:

- the volume up actually lowers the volume
- the next button goes to previous song
- the previous button changes the input source (i.e AUX to Radio)

The fix is to turn off the ignition completely and restart the car.

Unfortunately, this defect doesn't show up consistently, so there's no point in taking it to the dealer yet... It's very annoying when the volume goes down when you want it louder.
---
Update: Now I am having trouble with the cruise control... It won't set. Of course, once I pulled over, and restart, everything works again... but it's so inconvenient to stop... I know what the dealer will say when I take it back... "sorry, we can't reproduce it".
Hi I had this issue. Last month (June) It got worse as time went on. I took it in , under warranty. It was the stereo. A new head unit and all was/is well. With the exception of the black knobs. Used to be chrome . should I take it back and have them fix it? It does look weird in the sx as all the other knobs are chrome accented and now the stereo has flat black ones? Maybe I am being too picky ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.