Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2014 Kia Forte koup with 121,xxx miles and I’ve noticed a weird noise that I can’t explain while driving. I can hear it the loudest when I first press the gas pedal to accelerate and it continues while driving but the sound isn’t as loud I have a video of the sound that I captured to try and get people to understand the noise I’m talking about I took it to a muffler shop that replaced my clogged cat and couldn’t get an answer but they think the noise is coming from the engine as well. Can somebody please point me to the right direction? Maybe... I’m not sure how to attach the video from my gallery though

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte5 Lx, GDI
47 Posts
Does it increase and decrease with load on the engine? (louder when accelerating and going up an incline, less so when cruising?). If so it could be an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it increase and decrease with load on the engine? (louder when accelerating and going up an incline, less so when cruising?). If so it could be an exhaust leak.
I haven’t driven it on the freeway lately since I have another vehicle but I have driven it pretty much on flat roads and I hear the noise on and off constantly while driving it doesn’t go away, the only thing. Noticed is that is does the noise as soon as I press the gas pedal it’s louder and when I’m already pressing on the gas like still going forward it makes the noise on and off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a way I can upload the video of the noise from my phone? I couldn’t figure it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts